“Not quite what I was looking for....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 1,514 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Erie, Colorado
“Not quite what I was looking for....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited Oceana Grill with our daughters prior to departing on a cruise. We started off the meal with chargrilled oysters and barbecued shrimp. Both were good, although I was a bit disappointed the oysters didn't have more of an oyster taste (I suppose this might be a good quality for some). I had crab cakes which were loaded with crab meat and were good. My wife had the shrimp fettucine alfredo which was very good (better than mine I would say). The wait staff was friendly and attentive.

The restaurant is large, on many floors, and I can only speak about the floor I was on, but we were positioned directly under a TV that was blaring out a basketball game...not what I really expected for our dinner. That gave the place the feeling of being little more than a multi-floor bar with okay food to me.

We only had time for one dinner in New Orleans and I was hoping to make the meal memorable and special. Unfortunately I didn't find that Oceana Grill was quite what I wanted for that. NOLA has so many choices for dinner...I don't think I would do this one again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kings Park, New York
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food here is great. They're kitchen is open late (1am) so if you're looking for a late snack or some dessert, this place is perfect. Our waitress Jamie was super nice and was very welcoming of my husband and I visiting New Orleans. They have great drinks & Po'Boys....highly recommend!!!

Union City, Tennessee
“It was Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First, let me start by saying that I wasn't that hungry when my friends decided to eat here so that just may have a little to do with my average rating of my meal. I had the stuffed tuna and I found it to be very dry and bland. My friend had the bar b que shrimp and seemed to enjoy it. The atmosphere was ok but the best part was our waiter, Jamal. Very nice, soft spoken very knowledgeable about the menu. I may try it out again when I'm in town and try something different.

Cherry Hill, NJ
“Good food, on Restaurants.com”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was not the most elegant we had but was certainly enjoyable. The atmosphere was casual. We had a good time and appreciated the savings from a certificate purchased in advance on restaurants.com. A favorite of mine is fried eggplant and I was happy to find it on the menu. The seafood was good.

Visited February 2013
Portola Valley, California
“A good first taste of NOLA cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A large, busy place next door to our hotel. Competent and courteous wait staff. Loved the crab cakes!