“No hot water in shower” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #98 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
new york, United States
“No hot water in shower”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

No hot water and zero water pressure. We complained and they comped the room, but the problem persisted. Not sure i would stay there again. not sure what else to write, this requires 200 letters. very very very annoying.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Don Z, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, yesterday
Jarod T, truly sorry to hear of the challenges regarding hot water. We sincerely apologize this occurred during your stay. The hotel was having issues earlier in the week in some guest rooms but all indications were that the issue was resolved. While we were pleased to see you were compensated, however we regret we have lost you as valued repeat customer. We thank you for sharing your comments and we thank you for your business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Just a quick note about service (or lack of service) received here today. Normally very satisfied, although for the price, the rooms are cramped. But today, we were out all day and our room wasn't serviced by 4pm when we returned for a brief period before dinner. Housekeeping called and asked if they could service our room, and I said not now, but we'll be out again in about an hour. So they said, if we needed anything to just call. As we were leaving for dinner, I asked the concierge if he could call housekeeping to see if they could service the room, leave some more toiletries and towels. He assured me it would be taken care of.
When we returned three hours later, the towels were there, stacked on the dresser next to the TV, like someone forgot them in the room, but nothing else had been done. Old towels were still in the bathroom, no additional toiletries were provided and there was no turn down service like the previous day, which should have occurred regardless. Just poor service.
Now we aren't very demanding travelers, but this was ridiculous. I went down to the front desk to tell them how disappointed we were, especially considering the rates we're paying and they apologized and asked if there was anything they could do. The manager on duty offered extra points but I really just wanted to let them know how disappointed we were.
For a Hilton, this is unacceptable. One more day to get it right, we'll see.
We will definitely explore other options next visit but for some reason, I don't believe this Hilton really cares whether or not we return.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Peter T, please know we do care. Our hotel could not survive without our valued HH members and repeat guests. We were disappointed to hear of your challenges and truly wish to apologize for these. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with the appropriate departments to ensure a similar incident does not occur with a future guests. We value your comments and we thank you for bringing them to our attention. We hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to share with with you a true Hilton St. Charles experience. I am confident hat your next visit will be quite different. Thank you for your comments and your patronage.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I were scheduled to visit this property on 4/24 and 4/25. We were coming down to work the Zurich Classic PGA golf tournament. Unfortunately, my mother had an accident and we had to cancel our trip. As a Hilton Diamond member, I called them to see if under the circumstances I could cancel the reservations and receive a refund of my deposit and my points, even though I was inside the cancellation window. I called 4 times and each time I was told that I needed to talk to the "Revenue Manager", and her name was Carla. I repeatedly left messages for her to call me back to discuss the situation. After receiving no calls from her, I called one final time and left a detailed message with the person that answered the phone, explaining exactly what I needed to talk to Carla about. I still received NO return call. Even if they were not willing to refund... I still deserved the courtesy of a return call. Very disappointing.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Rick C, please accept our apology for for the lack of response regarding your calls to the hotel regarding your reservation. Carla, our Revenue Manager has an excellent record of responding to our guests and truly not sure what happened here. Rest assured this issue will be discussed. Due to a the weekend being a special event, a refund would not have been issued, but you are correct in that a return call was in order. Please email me off line at don.zimmer@hilton.com.
Fort Worth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel, great location, near everything but away from the crowds and noise. Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Did not try the restaurant as we wanted to try some other spots.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Don Z, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Victor, thank you for your nice review. Delighted to read the hotel met your expectations and the location was convenient for you. Please come back see us soon!
Twin Cities, MN, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel overall was very nice, the staff was great, and the fitness center had enough equipment to provide a full workout. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the TVs were large and had good picture quality. I (and others I was traveling with) had some major water issues though. At times it was hard to get it cool enough to shower. At other times it was hard to get it hot enough to shower. Also, the water would come out brown or green. It makes you wonder what's in the pipes. I did not report the water issues directly to staff as we had a busy agenda, and if others were having the same experience, I assumed the hotel had to know about it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Aaron T, thank you for your 4-star review even though you experienced challenges regarding the water temperatures during your stay. Yes you are correct in that we are aware of issues in certain sections of the hotel. Being a historic building when challenges occur regarding HVAC the parts required to remedy the challenge can be difficult to obtain and always involve shipping. We are in the process of rectifying this challenges and the fix will be in place by the end of this weekend. I know this does not provide any comfort to your stay, but please know we were not aware of which room it would impact due to the challenge being erratic on certain floors. We did our best to move any guests we could to the floors that were not affected by this issue but a full hotel can be a deterrent in this regard. Please know we appreciate you wonderful comments regarding our team and guest rooms(excluding the water issue). We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the 4-Diamond service and product we are proud of. I am confident if given another opportunity you next visit will be quite different. Thank you for your valued comments and patronage.
Portland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The short answer is NO! Some of the staff were very good. The front desk staff was abysmal. They were no sure how to handle an advance payment. They tied up excess credit on my credit card for potential room charges. They claimed that they needed $600 but tied up $900. The room was no worth the rate charged. I would not recommend this facility.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bob K, please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations and especially sorry for the improper credit authorization. We know this can cause temporary financial challenges to your credit. Our hope is that the over-authorizations were not a deterrent to any purchases you wanted to make while visiting New Orleans. Please contact me off line if this situation has not been remedied. We can call you bank and have the authorizations released within 24 hours. We are truly sorry your visit has impacted your opinion of the Hilton Brand. We hope you will remain loyal to Hilton and if the opportunity to return to New Orleans occurs...you will give us another opportunity to restore your faith in the Hilton St. Charles. Thank you for sharing your comments and we thank you for your recent patronage.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Ok stay food is 9th rated in luke. Room is nice and clean. bed is a little hard too. Water is nice and hot also. Nice old mason lodge on the outside. Valet is pricy and slow. Riverside Hilton is nicer view

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Don Z, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your wonderful 5-Star rating. Please accept our apology for just meeting your expectations but not exceeding them. We want of our guests to have an exceptional stay and an OK review is never our intention. Please come back and give us another opportunity to WOW you as our team is know for. Thank you for your review and your business.

Been to Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue? Share your experiences!