“Nice bed, historic building, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #98 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Nice bed, historic building, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was attending a conference in New Orleans and chose the Hilton because I am a Hilton Honors member. Check in at 1am was efficient. I was given a corner room which had nice light (although no views to speak of). Bed was very comfortable. It was very hard to open the curtains for the windows because they were behind the heavy furniture, so after the first day I just left them closed. But with so much nice about the hotel it is a minor complaint.

One rainy day, the front desk offered me an umbrella to borrow which I appreciated. Other than that, I had very little interaction with staff, but everyone I did interact with was friendly and efficient.

It is a very attractive historic building that has clearly been recently renovated so it combines both historic charm and modern efficiency. I never waited more than a minute for the stately, wood-paneled elevators,

I would not hesitate to stay here again if the price was right and I needed to be in the area.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Don Z, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, yesterday
J. Poblano, thank you for your kind words and for the nice review. We were pleased to read that our renovation, hotel and staff met your expectations. Especially delighted to read that you would consider returning to the Hilton St. Charles. We sincerely hope you will return the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans and again...thank you for your review..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Located just blocks from the French quarter, this hotel is really convenient (great walking proximity to French Quarter NOLA). I recommend getting reservations as soon as you know you want to eat at the hotel restaurant (a John Besh property). The food there is SUPER and even the bar gets way busy/packed in the evenings. I booked my hotel on line through my company's travel tool, but when I went back to book the same place for a co-worker the tool indicated the hotel was sold out. I called The hotel and Carlyn, a delightful young lady helped me get him booked. She also happened to be the person when checked me in so I was able to thank her in person. She bent over backwards to make sure I was taken care of. My only complaint is that the fee to park at the hotel is just nutty... $40 per night!!! Ouch.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Kimberly_Mc, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit. I was delighted to read that Carlyn was able to assist you with your request and because of your mention, she will receive an incentive from the hotel. She will be tickled by your commentsr...so she passes on her thanks as well. You are correct about Luke, our signature restaurant...it is always busy because the food is just incredible. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you back at the Hilton St. Charles real soon!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have been traveling for business for 12 years and I am shocked at how poor the customer service is at this hotel really is, especially for a Hilton. I did not read any reviews before arriving, but I see that I am not alone in my experience. From the front desk upon arrival, to room service, the phone operators, serivce at Luke's, everyone is rude. The concierge was nice, but very inexperienced. This may not seem like a big deal but, I even had someone tell me that the bellman could not come get my laundry. This was a first for me and all of my worldly travels. He said it was a liability. My response was, so a bellman can come get my luggage which is full of laundry, but he can't come get the laundry that I would like to have dropped off at the front desk, so it could be sent out today, by 8:30 am. Needless to say I did not send out my laundry, I was too peeved. It is a fine historic hotel, in a great locations, but don't stay here if you are expecting even mediocre service.

Room Tip: There is a street car and the elevators are quite close to some of the sleeping rooms.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Don Z, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Jennifer S, we obviously let you down regarding your recent stay and wish to apologize for the valet laundry issue along with the lack of hospitality you experienced during your event. We first learned about the valet issue this morning from the event planner and are working diligently to find the source of this erroneous and unacceptable response. Rest assured you comments will be shared with our management team and we are truly sorry this special trip for you did not meet your expectations. Please know the service you received is not indicative of the Hilton St. Charles and we are taking measures to ensure what you experienced will not occur again. Thank you for sharing your experience and your valued comments.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My 15 year old daughter and I arrived in New Orleans on a Saturday night after travelling around the rest of the state for a few days. Saturday night on the French Quarter/New Orleans...crowded. We had to find something and it was all terribly expensive. While not cheap at all, the staff at the Hilton found us a (great) room at a fair price. Appreciated that so we booked 3 days. The service continued and we had a wonderful time. The beds were awesome, the rooms big, wifi good and the pool area with spa was really great (with the exception that it was in the basement). Anyway, great staff (including 3rd party concierge Samantha) who were really accommodating. The recently renovated historical hotel is wonderfully located just 3 blocks outside the French Quarter. We spent a great deal of time in the French Quarter and love it, but I think you are better to be three blocks away than right inside. When I return to New Orleans I will target this hotel, no doubt.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michael Z, thank you for the wonderful 5 star review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience and we were pleased to read that our team, hotel and location met your expectations. Reviews such as yours continue to motivate our team to be the best we can be...and for this we THANK YOU! Honored that you would consider a return visit and we hope to see you back at the Hilton St. Charles sooner than later!
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I've stayed at this property many times, usually enjoyed the environment and staff but I have to say this time was different. The club lounge was closed for renovation, I arrived late in the evening, Luke's, the restaurant on property was packed and room service never answered the phone. I wish hotels would give a heads up when they are renovating. The room was nice, new furniture, laid out well, comfortable but disappointed overall. Valet parking was way too expensive. Again, great location.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Don Z, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Pete S, on behalf of our team we thank you for being a loyal client of our hotel. Please know we value you business and your comments in this review. Please accept our apology regarding the inconvenience of our Executive Lounge closure for renovation. While we do have it posted on the Brand's web site, however we certainly understand how this could be missed during the reservation process. We were delighted to read that you approve of our recent renovation and that our location appeals to you as well. While Luke Restaurant is a local favorite we do understand this at times will be a disadvantage to our guest. Rest assured your comment regarding room service will be shared with Luke's manager that services our in-room dining. We truly hope we have not lost you as a repeat guest and that you will afford us another opportunity the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans. Thank you for your review and your valued business.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Upon arrival the decor and service were very inviting. There are spectacular views from the rooftop and the location s perfect for visiting Bourbon street and the French Quarter. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the dirty pool and room floor (crutty carpet). The worst part of the visit was the uncomfortable bed. The linen were to small and the mattress was mushy and developed a sagging hole which was difficult to get out of. The fron desk was very pleasant and accommodating. They were helpful and mad my first visit to the Big Easy enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent visit. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you faced during your visit. Rest assured your comments will be shared with our Executive Housekeeper. We were delighted to read that our team did meet your expectations and made your stay an enjoyable one. We hope you will return to the Hilton St Charles the next time your travels bring you to the Big Easy. I am confident that your next visit will be quite different.
Goodyear, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel suffers from being in a city that has to be one of the dirtiest places I've ever been. The hotel does a good job of trying to compensate but it's too much to over come. Immediately when you enter you are assaulted by the wet, damp,mildew smell and it just ruins the experience. Rooms were clean - no drawers in the furniture - but otherwise nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Patricia P, we were disappointed to read that New Orleans and the hotel did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. We thank you for your comments and we hope you will give our city and the Hilton St. Charles another opportunity to hopefully change your opinion of us both.

Been to Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue? Share your experiences!