“Theft” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Theft”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was staying at this hotel for a friend's wedding which is meant to be a joyful weekend. To my disappointment I had a MacBook Air, iPod, $500, camera, watch and Nike + stolen from my room! I travel very frequently for work and leisure, a great deal internationally on the Middle East, Africa and Asia, and in 9 years of professional travel have never had this happen. I am saddened not only by Hilton but also by the GM's response to this situation. I recommend you avoid this hotel, and probably the Hilton brand, I know I'm wary.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonStCharles333, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We know how much our guests enjoy all of the amenities New Orleans has to offer. We make every effort to ensure the safety and security of our guests including providing complimentary in-room safes and automatic door closers. New Orleans is a a city with many great people, however, we suggest that you limit access to your personal items in your guestroom when allowing unregistered guests access to your room.

622 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I just spent 4 days at this hotel and I think the staff is top notch. I had a horrible experience getting to New Orleans due to bad weather in Chicago. Some of my friends were waiting for me to check in...I was going to be hours delayed. Tascha at the front desk was wonderful in getting my friends checked in while I was stuck in Chicago. Elaine on the audit shift was great to deal with at 1am. Smiling and friendly.
Our room overlooked St. Charles on the 3rd floor. Not much of a view but I don't care about views unless I'm at the beach.
The French Quarter is a few minutes walk. It's super easy to get around New Orleans.
The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet even though the city was nearly sold out due to Halloween.
I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonStCharles333, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. New Orleans is a great place to be during Halloween and VooDoo Festival. We are glad our great staff was available to ease the difficulties during your long journey to get here.

We hope you will come and visit us again soon!
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed for 7 nights at the Hilton on St Charles Avenue whilst attending a conference at the nearby convention centre. On our arrival we were warmly welcomed and check in was a breeze. The room was comfortable and had a huge bed and bathroom. No view to speak of but that didn't really bother us. In terms of location, it's within easy walking distance of the French Quarter but is far enough away that you don't get kept awake by the constant Jazz blaring out of (just about every) drinking establishment. Wireless is free in the lobby and there are also a few computers you can use for free in this area. Wireless only extends to the 3rd floor and if your room is outside of this then you have to use a cabled connection though due to the high charge for access we used the free computers in the lobby. If I found myself in New Orleans again I'd happily stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hampton, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After walking through the french quarter, shopping and sampling the wonderful New Orleans food, what a haven to come back to at night! A hot shower, comfy bed and a quiet room renewed us for a new day. I feel like we had special treatment from Ryan at the desk in the lobby, although I am sure all guests feel the same. What a friendly, informative, nice young man! A definate asset for the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonStCharles333, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and our city. Ryan loves this city and he is also great to work with. We will certainly share your praise and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
alexandria, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed 1 night for business. Was on 17th floor, which has a lounge offering breakfast and evening snacks. Room was fine. Clean, some updates, needed new bathroom floor. King bed with tiny window. Coffee maker in room and a robe. Will be my 3rd choice in Nola. Front desk staff great! Lounge staff looked bored and aggravated to be there. Both ladies (morning and evening shift) were not helpful.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Our 17th floor is our executive level floor and while our location is great, it doesn't afford us many rooms with views. This historic building was a masonic lodge and we have worked to preserve the historic integrity of the building.

We appreciate your feedback on the service you received both by the Front Desk staff as well as the Executive Lounge staff. We will most definitely reward our outstanding staff members as well as improve our training efforts. The information you have provided gives us a great opportunity to improve the experience for the next guest. Thank you!
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The location of the hotel is very good. We took the E2 bus from the airport and were dropped off a few blocks away from the hotel. After a short walk, we were greeted by the friendly staff at the front desk.
As a HHonors elite member, we got a corner room in the executive floor. It was very clean, spacious and full of light. Made it enjoyable to get back to the hotel after a long day.
The staff at the hotel was friendly and welcoming for the most part. Ryan at the concierge desk was very helpful. He made some nice recommendations for dinner and tours. We were not disappointed.
The hotel is within a short walk to the French Quarter and the river. The St. Charles bus line stops a block away. It was nice taking that line and looking at all the nice houses on St. Charles.
The Luke restaurant downstairs is very busy, so make sure you make reservations ahead of time.
My only complain would be about the Executive Lounge. I may be used to the lounges in Europe, but there is no comparison. The lounge is small. They only have 12 chairs, which seems tiny. They don't have snacks and drinks on weekends. The snacks on thursday had cheese and crackers and a couple of other items, but nothing impressive. Breakfast was ok. On monday they did not have any hot foods for breakfast. There are two ladies working at the lounge during breakfast, which seems an overkill for that size lounge. I asked them why there were no hot items that day. One lady, leaning on the counter replied "We're out". How can such a place be out of breakfast items. Her attitude was as if I were bothering them and cutting into their conversation. Instead of talking to each other, one of them should go and get more food. That was not something that should happen at a Hilton. On the positive side, one could get bottles of water and cans of soda from the fridge at any time.
I would have given this hotel 5 stars were it not for the lounge experience. I would suggest to management to improve the food selection. I would definitely return to this hotel again when visiting NOLA.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and full of light
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonStCharles333, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback about your stay at the hotel. We have some outstanding staff members.

I have forwarded your comments about the food and service to the departments handling those things are are so glad to have the opportunity to make adjustments in that area. We are currently working on a plan for expanding the executive lounge. We are anticipating some exciting changes for that area in 2013.

We look forward to serving you again!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Usually stay in the Quarter but this business trip hotel was better than expected.
The St Charles location is close to the river activities as well as a short walk to the action of the French Quarter...the lack of chaos and noise made this hotel stand out.
Beautiful old building turned into a classic hotel; sophisticated lobby, extremely comfortable rooms and an elegant restaurant/bar.
The young concierge offered wine at Happy Hour and, as a local, could help anyone and everyone with area tips...he was simply fabulous.
This Hilton property runs like clock-work. It should not be overlooked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the feedback about your stay at our beautiful and historic hotel. We have some great staff that love the city. I appreciate our location too! Just 2 1/2 blocks to the always fun French Quarter and we are on the Saint Charles streetcar line to the elegant Garden District.

Next time you are in town, we can give you a wonderful history tour of the hotel.

We look forward to serving you again.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue? Share your experiences!