“NOLA gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Margaret Gardens Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Margaret Gardens Inn
You added Margaret Gardens Inn to your Saves list
1133 Margaret Place, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Ranked #92 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
“NOLA gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Experience New Orleans as if you have been transported in time in this quaint house restored to its original grander. You will Love the antiques and charm. Stayed in the two rooms in the front of the house.

• Stayed April 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
sanantonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is the place I enjoy coming to when I visit my home town of NewOrleans! Fabulous, beautiful, romantic and quiet!! The owners and staff are so so friendly they come across as family make you feel at home!!! I can't get enough of this place that I only came for two days now I'm staying for four days..It's only 1 mile from the French quarter. I'm also planning my wedding here cause It's so beautiful! 2 blocks from st. Charles street.. I know you Will enjoy your stay!! If you have young teens they get to stay on the other side.. good place for family to bounding!!

• Stayed November 2012
sanantonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Words can't describe how I enjoyed this place!! This is home away from home!! This is a great place cause it's quit it is close to everything 10 -15 min you will be anywhere you want in New Orleans!! Clean rooms! Staff is very friendly can give you all the info on the city you need! Courtyard is sweet place to relax and chat without being disturbed! Evertime I come to New Orleans this will be my spot to enjoy for many years to come!! Bed in Breakfast was a extra mile they went to make this the place to be on any vacation! I can asure anyone you will be very very happy staying here!!

Room Tip: Stay by the balcony!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

I stayed there two-years in a row and had my bachelor party there the last time I went. It truly is a great place to stay, close to everything but not too close where you hear all of the noise of the French Quarter. I would stay there this year if my wife was up for it, but she wants to be closer to the Quarter.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
Red Oak, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We spent this past weekend at Margaret Gardens Inn and can 2nd all the wonderful reviews. We stayed there while preparing for a wedding which was being held in the courtyard that weekend. Edy was very gracious and helpful while we were decorating for the Sat. evening wedding. We had a group of 5 who were in the bridal party staying at the Inn while the courtyard easily accommodated around 100 guests for the wedding. The setting for the wedding was beautiful and I would highly recommend it anyone looking into a intimate outdoor venue.

Again, we loved our stay here and would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Savannah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

First the good stuff - it is undoubtedly a lovely house, well restored. It's in a convenient location for getting to many of the most attractive quarters of the city. Edy, the innkeeper, is a charming host who has lived in the city a long time and obviously loves it. He's as knowledgeable as others have said, and happy to pass on tips and advice, and talk, or not talk, as you wish. The breakfasts vary each day, and are simple but tasty. Although the advertised time for breakfast is 8am, you can pretty much have it any time you like as it's cold, and Edy leaves it out for you until you're done. The courtyard is lovely too.

On the downside, the hotel is very close to the Pontchartrain expressway - and when I say close, I mean 3 houses away. Yes, houses, not blocks. So that does make it noisy, but we actually found steady traffic noise of this sort quite easy to sleep through and so it wasn't really much of an issue for us.

But the thing that really, er, bugged me was the cockroaches. I do understand (now) that these are somewhat par for the course in New Orleans so perhaps I am being unreasonable to expect anything else, but as I'm unfamiliar with the experience, 2-inch long cockroaches appearing as if by magic literally through the walls of the bedroom were kind of challenging. The one that I noticed in my drink just inches from my lips especially so. And the one that crawled on my hair in the bed. Now, we stayed in the Creole Room, which is the only one with bare brickwork and it may well be that the other rendered rooms don't suffer so. These are the American cockroaches, or Palmetto bugs, and they don't infest rooms in the way 'cockroaches' might suggest to a European - we saw and killed (in the room, there were others outside) 3 in 4 days. But they're big, and fast, and they come out at night.

But, if you don't mind a bit of wildlife, go for it!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Margaret Gardens Inn in May and could not have been more impressed. Edy, the innkeeper, will talk for hours if you wish to hear the history of the inn or will stay out of your way if you prefer to be alone. He taylored breakfast to our favorites and really made our vacation special. We stayed in the Margaret Room and I assure you, you will not be disappointed. It is absolutely beautiful with enormous windows and ceilings and even its own balcony. Our room also had a tv and a ceiling fan, both of which were not listed on the website description. I spent well over 20 hours researching the perfect inn room for the right price and was so impressed with this Inn...I just cannot say enough about it.

• Liked — EVerything was wonderful
  • Disliked — I didn't.
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)