“A TRUE NoLa experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Palmiers Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chez Palmiers Bed and Breakfast
You added Chez Palmiers Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1744 N Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (Marigny)   |
Ranked #23 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Greenville, South Carolina
“A TRUE NoLa experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Just a stone's throw (aka a short walk) from "the heart of it" isChez Palmiers.
very friendly courteous hosts, david and schuyler made me feel like a friend when I stayed at their
BnB. HIGHLY recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have been to New Orleans many times and stayed at hotels and this was my first experience with a bed and breakfast and I plan to go back there and stay. This was a Mother/Daughter trip as my daughter had never been to New Orleans and it was wonderful. We stayed in the
Grand Suite and it was like stepping into an old Southern home with typical furnishings and the atmosphere was welcoming and cozy. Breakfast was alway fresh and the outdoor area by the pool was very very nice. Schuyler and David were the perfect hosts and were a wealth of knowledge about New Orleans and the surrounding area. I would recommend this place to anyone and when I go back, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My friends and I had a lovely time staying at Chez Palmiers while visiting New Orleans recently. Schuyler was a wonderful host who gave us lots of tips of where to go and what to see.
The breakfast offering was delicious and a lovely touch with fresh berries & granola. The rooms where large and very comfortable. Thank goodness for air conditioning!! It was very humid while we were there.
It's in a great location - in walking distance to the French Quarter, Frenchmen St and more! I would recommend choosing this bnb when you travel to New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Chez Palmiers was like having our own home in New Orleans. It is beautifully furnished and David's knowledge of the architecture and history of the house was great! My wife and I loved the short walk down Esplanade to the Quarter. We will look forward to a return trip!

• Stayed June 2014
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Our first stay in New Orleans that was not in a hotel, but I would highly recommend it. Schuyler and David were perfect hosts for us, and their property was typical New Orleans - charm, eclectic and cosy!

The trip was initially with my girlfriend and my parents, although my gf's family arrived the next day and we were able to essentially take over the place entirely.

I can truly say that this was a memorable trip for my folks (over from the UK) and staying here added to it immensely. David and Schuyler were perfectly willing to help us in every way, advising us on restaurants (not one bad one!) and trips - helping us plan our stay without being "under our feet".

A number of somewhat negative reviews we read mentioned the fact that it's homely and not like a "sterile" B&B. This to us, was actually what attracted us to it, and we were not unhappy in our choice. If you want sterile - go to a hotel. If you want to be somewhere where you feel like you are a valued guest in someones home, choose Chez Palmiers.

We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and comfy - but the typical "Shotgun" layout means that there is no...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My mother, sister and I were in NOLA for the weekend about a month ago. We chose Chez Palmiers online and are we glad we did. David and Schuyler were great hosts with a wealth of knowledge about the area. The breakfasts were fab-fresh fruit, yogurts and juices. Walking distance from the French Quarter. We stayed in the loft room. It was very spacious and comfortable. We will definitely choose to stay there again on our next trip to the Big Easy.

Ellen

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
BEAVERTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Our first stay at Chez Palmiers but hopefully not our last! We had an "extended stay"...almost two weeks and enjoyed every minute. We were able to walk everywhere from Chez Palmier...not just the French Quarter and Frenchmen St. (Hint: If you do that you can indulge in NOLA cuisine without negative consequence!). Schuyler & David were wonderful and have a wealth of knowledge about the area. They maintain a relaxed, comfortable and welcoming abode!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple