“Chez Fantastique” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Palmiers Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chez Palmiers Bed and Breakfast
You added Chez Palmiers Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1744 N Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (Marigny)   |
Ranked #22 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Chez Fantastique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

What a great place to stay. As NOLA virgins, we didn't really know what to expect in terms of B&Bs or location but feel we really got lucky finding Chez Palmiers. David & Schyler are pretty perfect hosts: amiable and helpful but not in-your-face. They can recommend some great places to eat and things to see. We stayed in 2 rooms, both of which were good sized, comfortable and nicely furnished with antiques and bits and pieces from their own travels, which not only makes for an interesting room but also gives it a personal touch. This is not a chain hotel, after all. The garden is beautiful and the breakfast is great. There was homemade cake and fresh fruit and all manner of awesomeness in the fridge. I would recommend this place very highly - my only regret (other than not staying longer) is not having asked the hosts out to dinner during our stay. Maybe next time :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

David and Schuyler is the perfect hosts! They are so kind and helpfull and have the perfekt balance when it comes to interaction with the guests. We stayed in this lovely house and in the nice garden one week in March. The rooms were very nice and clean. We looked forward to the breakfast every day, very fresh and good! The location can´t be better, quiet and with walking distance to Frenchmen street, French Quarter and the nice restaurants in Marigy. We must come back to New Orleans some day and then we will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Run by 2 sweet guys, Schuyler & David, extremely welcoming and accommodating, this creole house is an absolutely lovely place to stay. Clean, tidy and comfortable, the rooms are large and well furnished. A stone's throw away from both French Quarter and Frenchmen Street, and away from the madness of Bourbon Street, the location was just what I needed t enjoy this amazing town.
And the rates are still affordable compared to other guest houses around.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friend and I recently spent a long weekend here and had a great time! Schuyler and David are great hosts who go out of their way to make you feel at home. This location is quiet and within walking distance of everything you would want to see in the French Quarter. I also had the best continental breakfast I've ever had at this spot. They had an assortment of breads, juices, yogurts, cereals, and they even had nutella and quishe! Anyone looking for a home feel should stay here. I'll def be returning!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chandler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My daughter and I were very pleased by the upstairs room we stayed in. Comfort and privacy. I soon became our little hide a way. We enjoyed making friends over the breakfast table and spending time with our hosts. I would love to come again in the warmer weather and sit by the pool at night under the twinkling lights. A wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great spot in NOLA for ANY event as it's centrally located and within walking distance of all and also it is very quiet, so you can sleep in without any noise. Really close for Quarter, Frenchman's St and Jazz Festival, and BEST hosts you can find anywhere

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean and cozy. I loved sitting by the pool every morning enjoying a free breakfast. The owners, Schuyler & David, were very friendly and helpful. It was a comfortable walk to the French Quarter. The money I saved was well worth a little extra walking. After all, New Orleans is so much about walking and enjoying the sights! I will be sure to stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chez Palmiers Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!