“Bachelor Party Palace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kerlerec House

The Kerlerec House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Kerlerec House
928 Kerlerec Street, New Orleans, LA 70116   |
Ranked #61 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Nashville
“Bachelor Party Palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I booked the entire Kerlerec House complex for my bachelor party during the first weekend of June. We had a group of 27 guys and this place was perfect for us. With the separate living quarters, large main house, and outstanding courtyard, this place is set up for partying! While everyone was able to have their own personal space, there was also ample common areas for gathering together. Each unit has its own fridge and there are several kitchens. We made good use of all the fridge space for keeping 20+ cases of beer cold.
The location is amazing. Walking distance to both Bourbon and Frenchman Streets. The house itself is truly astonishing. Built in the early 1800s, many of the original finishes are still intact and the furniture/decor are beautiful. You really get the full French Quarter experience staying at the Kerlerec House.
The owner, Scott, and the manager, Trinna, are both very accommodating and friendly. Upon our arrival, they met us at the house to show us around, give us keys, and help with anything we needed. The house is well stocked with supplies, kitchen utensils, towels and bath stuff, etc.
After 3 nights at the Kerlerec House, I definitely say this is the place to stay in New Orleans for groups. Having the entire complex is very convenient and private. We partied hard day and night and can't wait to return for the next bachelor party!

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

14 of my friends and I rented out the whole Kerlerec Complex for 3 nights last week for my bachelor party and really enjoyed it. It was a very large complex with a great location. The houses were clean and stocked with plenty of clean towels, clean sheets, and all of the essentials (cups, silverware, etc…). The air conditioner in the cottage house broke during our stay, but Scott, the owner of the house, was very responsive and bought a new one and installed it the same day we made him aware of the issue. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to friends heading down to New Orleans.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Did a bachelor party here and it was perfect. Tons of room, lots of beds and a hot tub. Highly recommend this place. We had one small problem with an AC unit, but the owner came over and fixed it immediately.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The property was an awesome place to stay. Great location, great ownership. Would stay again. The place beats staying in a hotel and it is in safe walking distance from the French quarter.. If you plan on using the courtyard don't forget your mosquito spray.
The place is a nice cozy and quitE place to stay. With the kitchen, meals can be prepared in the well equipped kitchen. Although seldom used, the units feature a TV. Also, easy wireless access for those who need to stay connected

Room Tip: Don't forget the mosquito spray if you plan on enjoying the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

After reading Kerlerec House reviews on TripAdvisor, I thought it would be perfect for my quasi-bachelorette party, and I was right. 15 friends/family members rented the entire compound last weekend, and we had a blast. It's within easy walking distance of just about everything in the French Quarter and was just quirky enough to add to an unforgettable trip to New Orleans. I wouldn't try to fit many more than 15 people unless you're still in the "I'll sleep anywhere on anything" (futons, air mattresses, etc.) stage of your life, but there were no complaints about sleeping arrangements from my group. We also loved having the big central kitchen in the main house where we could all cram in for drinks, meals and planning each day's adventures. Much better (and actually cheaper) than renting X hotel rooms and meeting in the lobby. You obviously won't be getting a 5 star hotel in a 100+ year old house, but if you're heading to New Orleans expecting new/fancy/shiny anything, you've chosen the wrong city. However, if you're heading to New Orleans with a large group that is just looking to have a good time and enjoy the sights/sounds of the French Quarter, Kerlerec House is perfect.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jackson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was with the group with Cinful65, who is my daughter, and I am the one who needed the mobility scooter to go to Jazzfest and so much that is in walking distance of Kerlerec House. Scott worked with me on details of the shipment of the scooter and seeing that it was brought over to Kerlec House and also on insuring that it was picked up and taped and ready for shipment back to the vendor. He was a pleasure to deal with. He assured me that everything on his end would be taken care of just like I asked him to do and it was! You were more kind and helpful than the scooter vendor. Although I must say the scooter worked wonderfully for my needs.

I along with my Aunt and a cousin stayed in the French Quarter Suite and we just loved it. You get all the amenities you would get at a hotel but not the atmosphere you have while staying here at Kerlerec House. We could imagine living back in that era especially after taking a customized Bloody Mary's Ghost Tour and a 3 hour bus tour that were both so informative of the history of New Orleans. That made staying at Kerelec House especially nice because you were living in that historic old house in a residential neighborhood where you felt secure and not a cold impersonal hotel room. Kerlerec House is especially great for large groups because if you're skillful enough you can give everyone their own privacy and you have the kitchen, dining area, hot tubs and courtyards for gathering and sharing your day's adventures. How great is that!!! Even if you're not part of a large gouup I think Kerlerec House would be a great place to stay for all of the reasons just mentioned. Definitely would stay here again!!! And Scott, though I've said it to you on the phone I would like to thank you one more time for all your help in the arrangements for my getting and returning the mobility scooter. It made my first visit to New Orleans one I will never forget!!!

Room Tip: French Quarter Suite was excellent!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My group of 20 family and friends enjoyed the entire Kerlerec House for the first week of Jazzfest 2013. What a wonderful way to enjoy New Orleans. The charm of each room was fantastic. Upon arrival everyone had to take a look around at each room. All are unique. The main kitchen and dining area was a perfect gathering spot and the stained glass and rustic antique décor was fabulous. All our guests felt like they were getting a true taste of New Orleans and not just some generic hotel.
The location was terrific being right next the French Quarter and Frenchman Street. The bus line within 2 blocks took us right to Jazzfest in minutes.
I cannot say enough about the Owner and his staff - we had several issues with some of our guests mobility and needed to make special arrangements for a mobility scooter. Scott, Thank you so much for assisting in this endeavor. You were very patient with us and our special needs. Even when things didn't go as planned you were full of helpful suggestions and assistance. I was so appreciated.
We spent several evenings after Jazzfest soaking up the bubbles of the hot tub and hearing everyones adventures on Bourbon Street. The nearby corner store made a little fortune while we were there selling us everything from alcohol to snacks and lunch items. All was within our reach at the Kerlerec House. Everyone had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: The French quarter Suite is lovely and has a large King Size bed. The Garden Cottage is private and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Kerlerec House? Share your experiences!