“I enjoyed my stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kerlerec House

The Kerlerec House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Kerlerec House
928 Kerlerec Street, New Orleans, LA 70116   |
Ranked #61 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
East Texas, Pennsylvania
“I enjoyed my stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great place to stay. Location is good with French Quarter and Frenchmen St. easy walk. Neighborhood is quiet with a great breakfast place La Penchie 5 minute walk away. Owners make effort to court your return business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just finished a 5-day stay at Kerlerec House leading a group of 14 college students. This was my second stay at Kerlerec House, and I'll never stay anywhere else. The place is clean, the rooms are beautifully decorated and full of old world charm, the courtyard is relaxing, and the location is amazing (quiet and private, yet only a 5-minute walk from Frenchman St. and the French Quarter)! Our hosts Wendy and Don could not have been more welcoming and helpful, accessible via phone whenever I had a question. The students loved it and couldn't believe they got to stay in such a beautiful place. Whether you're traveling by yourself or in a group, the Kerlerec House should be your first choice!

Room Tip: Book in advance; everyone else loves this place too!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went with my husband and 2 friends for my 40th birthday. The house was everything we had hoped for- quaint, gorgeous, perfect location right across the street from the French Quarter and lovely courtyard with hot tub. Wendy was so helpful and patient through the process and the photos you see on the website do not even do it justice. We went in February during a cold spell and could definitely have brought slippers for the hardwood floors because the house did get chilly at times. There were 3 in the main house and could have had 1-3 more people (though the upstairs rooms are very close to each other and the bathroom is in one of the rooms- so not super private for 2 couples) and 1 in the Jazz Club room (perfect for a couple). But being in a quiet neighborhood with our own home was perfect when we wanted to get away from the noise and crowd of the French Quarter. Everything was so walkable and there was a corner store we could pick up snacks and beer, and a breakfast place we loved as well. We plan to make this an annual trip and could not ask for better accomodations.

Room Tip: Jazz Club room is the quietest in the main house, master is right on the street and off the courtyar...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

i recently rented the entire property for a bachelor party and we loved it!! yes, the house is old, but that just adds to the fun of it all. we entered the house on our day of arrival and it was EXCEPTIONALLY clean. Fresh linens on the beds, and towels were provided for our stay. Even had soap and shampoo in the bathrooms like a hotel! The privacy was great and Wendy and Don (property managers) were always attentive when we called. The only thing that could have been better were the showers. They are quite old with not so great water pressure. But that did not prevent us from loving our stay at the Kerlerec House. I would definitely recommend this to others with 20+ in a group, renting the entire property (can't beat the price per person).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Osteen, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Plenty of room for a large group. Everyone had their own space. House was built in the 1800's. The kitchen and dining room is where we spent most of our time playing cards, visiting and of course eatting! Wendy was helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012
Glendora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Me and my family took a trip too New Orleans and stayed here at the Kerlerec house. I have done alot of traveling in my time, and this was definately one of the best places I have EVER stayed at! We occupied three of the rooms here, and each had there certain charm to it. It was fully equipped with anything and everything you could imagine. All the comforts of being at home. I HIGHLY recommend staying here, in walking distance of everything. The hosts were the best, I cant speak highly enough of them. I would give this a 10 out of 10 most definately.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Five of us stayed at the Kerlerec House for 3 nights, Dec. 29 through Dec. 31st 2012. I stayed in the Crows Nest which I fell in love with. The rooms were fully stocked with everything needed for a comfortable stay. Bed was very comfortable. I was totally in love with the architecture and decor of the rooms. Hated to leave, but had to get back home to sunny Southern California. The hosts were most attentive to our needs. Far enough away from the noise of Bourbon St. but close enough to walk and get there in a few minutes. If I ever return to New Orleans, I will stay at Kerlerec House again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Kerlerec House? Share your experiences!