“Wonderful 4 Night Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Des Moines, Washington
“Wonderful 4 Night Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My sister picked the Creole Inn because it was modestly priced, but truly we had first class treatment by Kim and Charlie who take care of the Inn. Love the historic home, location and just relaxing in the backyard after a day of seeing the New Orleans sights. Enjoyed where locals shop and eat just within a few short blocks from the Creole Inn. Definitely will stay again when traveling to New Orleans and truly it's Kim and Charlie that made our stay very special. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hanceville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I traveled to NOLA with my business partner and my daughter. My daughter and I stayed in the cowboy suite with her in the front bedroom and me in the back room. The feel of the Creole Inn and it's rooms felt like I was back in time and staying in the warm comfortable familiarity of the home I grew up in. The staff at CI were gracious and did everything they could to see that our stay was happy and rewarding. I wish I could have openned the back door to my room so that I could enjoy the view of the courtyard, but it has an alarm for safety. The French Quarter is only about a twenty minute walk away with views of the charm that is uniquely NOLA. I'm coming back in February on business and will stay at Creole Inn. CI will be my home away from home on ALL future visits to NOLA.

Room Tip: If you are in need of two adjoining rooms the Cowboy Suite is what I suggest. There are no windows t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Granite City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is the perfect place for someone who wants to stay at a place that feels like a home rather than a hotel. We may have been the group that "partied" till the wee hours of the morning...lol...Sorry 'bout that...But thanks for not ruining our good time!! It really is a great time there!! I love this place and the Inn Keepers were super nice and very accomodating. They helped us find great resturants, and things to do. The Inn is situated about five gorgeous walking blocks form the French Quarter and Frenchman Street. Know this is not a fancy place but it is clean and the motif fits right in to the New Orleans/French Quarter/Marigny neghborhood look and feel. I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We visited Creole Inn for a stay in order to sign books. The book signing was in Pirates' Alley. This is a wonderful base from which to travel in the city of NOLA. Good price, folks at CI provided us information we needed, and even drove us to the signing with boxes of books. Loved the place, with the antique furnishings, and proximity to French Quarter, restaurants, coffee houses, markets. We will use this Inn as our base of operations in New Orleans. We couldn't have been happier with the quality of treatment we received. Like they tell you on their home page, if you expect spa treatment, this is not for you. This is a down-to-earth establishment, that provides an excellent price and service. It's clean, and the folks will bend over backward to please. Please return the consideration that you receive from them. I can't say enough good about them, and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I liked my Memories Suite, it is on the front over the lobby, overlooking the street. It was a 1BR...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here for three nights and it was lovely. It was so nice to feel at home instead of at a hotel. The innkeepers are super helpful and great!

Only problem is the walls are thin and we had a group that partied until the wee hours of the morning even though the inn has a quiet time between 11pm and 9am. So if you want to party it up at a hotel- this is not the place. Please be respectful of those in need of sleep. There are plenty of places to stay out late and party. No need to bring the party to the inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Creole Inn was a real bargain and in a great location. We were within walking distance to the French Quarter, restaurants, great music, etc. The innkeepers were very friendly and made us feel right at home. We will be back.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the 2 bedroom suites.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Ok, it's not really my home, but it sure feels like it. This was my second stay in six months and the first with the new Innkeepers, Kim and Charley. It's a great place to stay for about half the going rate. This ain't the Ritz, but the rooms clean and comfortable. Anyway, who goes to New Orleans to hang around in their room? Fresh coffee every morning, a neat old patio out back, relatively quiet neighborhood, and walking distance to the French Quarter (stumbling distance from Frenchmen Street!!). You can't go wrong here as long as you're not a hotel snob!

Room Tip: I've stayed in Plantation and Cowboy. Planatation has TINY showerstall and the mattress in the b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Old Historic Creole Inn? Share your experiences!