“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Checked into this great value inn for 3 days and the hosts, Kim & Charlie could not have been more helpful. The room was huge, clean and had everything we needed. The French quarter was only a 10 minute walk offering amazing jazz clubs, restaurants and bars and a great atmosphere, There were some lovely little bakeries and bars close to the inn which are worth a visit too. My husband & I loved our time in New Orleans and were sorry to leave. Kim helped us out by booking our early morning taxi (2.45am) and we were praying it would arrive as we didn't have a phone to chase it up. Kim insisted we wake her if there were any problems and unfortunately for her we had to. Well it was a right old debacle between Kim phoning the taxi company, dialing 911 as there had been a car crash in the meantime and the whole neighbourhood was out at 3.15. Eventually, much to the delight of Kim and us the taxi arrived (45 mins) later. We finally got on our way and Kim got back to bed. We can't thank her enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here as we were looking for something a bit cheaper. Easy walk to Frenchman and bourbon streets. The inn keepers made it feel like we were at home! They were lovely and so so welcoming. We didn't have a phone, so Kim helped up to book a few tours without any hesitation at all. Very recommendable!

Room Tip: We had the sweet dreams room, as a couple we just used the second bedroom for our luggage but this c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Myself and travel buddie had 8 days in wonderful French Quarter . We shopped for a older inn and found the Creole Inn . Not knowing what to expect , had a great time both in the city and in the Inn itself . Very homely feel to this place keepers are great people loved loved loved them . I left having new life friends and that in its self is amazing . Kim and Charley are what makes a wonderful old style French villa feel homey . Also saw to all details and inviting with helpful places and questions . I travel the world for fun not work , I've done 28 countries so far and I will recommend this inn to everyone I see and deal with for the rest of my life . It is close to everything and well worth the small price they charge - they should charge more !!!!!! Yea yea - Jim fisher kansas city missouri .

Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My friend and I recently traveled to New Orleans..we decided not to go "spendy" and stay somewhere less expensive. We stayed here, and omg what a great find! We were greeted with open arms and great hospitality. We stayed in the Cowboy Suite which was perfect cuz he got the boy room (there was a huge bed and a deer head on the wall) and I got the girl room that had a pretty bed and vanity. Both rooms had a fan and it was very comfortable sleeping. Kim had coffee and hot tea ready every morning. Her and Charley were the best! They were able to answer any questions and give good directions...which we needed a lot of both. lol I could go on and on and not say enough. I would recommend the Old Historic Creole Inn for anyone that wants a more than perfect place to stay while in New Orleans.

Eugene, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My friends and I booked rooms at the Creole Inn for my 40th birthday; unfortunately, my 40th coincided with the arrival of Hurricane Isaac, but we still had a great time. The innkeepers, Kim and Charley, were fantastic hosts and very accommodating. If there was a rating scale for their hospitality, I'd give it five stars. The inn itself is in a great location in the Marigny, close to the French Quarter and Frenchmen Street, but not too close. The next time I visit New Orleans, I will definitely stay at the Creole Inn.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

we went my gf and I for a 4 night trip to new orleans, and we chosed this placed because it was the cheapest, but it's way more than that, the location is a walking distance from the french quarter, but in a peacefull and quiet neighborhood, the owners, Kim and Charley, were just so kind, and the room was lovely. this hotel was almost the best part of our trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Visiting New Orleans was a first for my childhood friend and I both. We were immediately met by Kim who gave us invaluable information about the city. We stayed in "Old Europe", which is on the bottom floor with direct access to the patio. Our room was very clean and had the feel of home. Most mornings and evenings we would go to the patio and socialize with Kim and Charley, who were absolutely the most gracious hosts we have ever met. We left feeling like we made new friends. If your looking for a perfect architectural building, this is not the one. But, if you are looking for a taste of old New Orleans, this is the perfect place to stay. This building is more than 160 years old. I would absolutely recommend this as a great place to stay. Laura T.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Old Historic Creole Inn? Share your experiences!