“Absolutely Fabulous; perfect, quintessential Quarter dining experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Amelie

Cafe Amelie
912 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116-2702
504-412-8965
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Amelie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Dumaine St. & St. Philip St.
Transit: Cafe Amelie is accessible by the RTA’s redline streetcars that run along the river; the nearest stop is Dumaine Street, then Cafe Amelie is a short 4-block walk from the river.
Description: Please note that the courtyard is seated on a first come, first serve basis. A reservation does not guarantee seating in the courtyard but we will have a table available inside our beautiful, historic carriage house. We normally allow reservation space for only 50% of the dining room to accommodate walk-ins. Additionally, in order to accommodate all of our guests who are waiting to be seated, we are only able to seat your party once everyone has arrived. Nestled in the historic 150-year-old Princess of Monaco Courtyard and Carriage House on Royal Street in the French Quarter, Cafe Amelie is a rare combination of superb Louisiana fare served in a lush, enchanting New Orleans courtyard setting. Cafe Amelie has a full bar offering an array of signature cocktail creations. Cafe Amelie and the accompanying Princess of Monaco Courtyard are also available for private parties, weddings and receptions.
Dallas
“Absolutely Fabulous; perfect, quintessential Quarter dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Run, do not walk, to Cafe Amelie. I am very, very picky, and I was blown away by the food, the beautiful courtyard location, and the value, OMG the value! Don't get me wrong; I love all the old school, big money New Orleans restaurants, but this place is truly a gem. The pulled pork po-boy (cochon au lait) was truly delicious. We ate outside in the courtyard, but the inside space is charming as well. Someone in charge here clearly knows what he/she is doing. BRAVA!

Visited July 2011

Cary, North Carolina
“My favorite French Quarter restuarant, and thats saying a lot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Food: Fantastic!
Service: very good without being pretentious
Ambiance: Wonderful if you sit outside near the fountain

I don't have any complaints, only praise. The prices were good when compared with other restaurants, our dishes were cooked perfectly and served hot. It was quiet with no wait for a table. They do claim to close at 9, so, be there in plenty of time to order dinner.

• Visited July 2011
New Castle, Indiana
“EXCELLENT COURTYARD DINING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Beatuiful courtyard with a fountain. Wait staff polite, helpful and timely. Food was excellent with a small menu with a nice array of options. Seafood, pasta, salad, chicken, etc all available with1-2 options for each.
Drinks were nice with their home-made Sangria and teas.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Detroit, Michigan
“So good we went back again the next day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Heard about this place in the Lonely Planet Guide. Had a fantastic dinner in their lovely courtyard. We didn't even mind that it was raining. We loved the Cochon du lait cuban sandwich, the shrimp and grits, the Louisanna Crab Cakes and the balsamic braised brussel sprouts with bacon. Yum! It was so good we went back for lunch the next day and we would have gone again on our last day in New Orleans but they are closed on Mondays.

Newark, Delaware
“Excellent Photo, beautiful patio and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I was looking for resturants near my hotel on Royal Street and found Cafe Amelie online. The menu looked good so I decided to go and am so glad I did. The Patio is charming, my server was both nice and attentive, and my meal was delicious! I also really enjoyed my cocktail.