“Loved the Gentry House” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gentry House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gentry House
You added Gentry House to your Saves list
1031 St. Ann, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #56 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Hampshire
“Loved the Gentry House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

Found this little gem of a guest house after reading the review in the Lonely Planet guide. For $89 a night (off season) I got myself a lovely room in a double shotgun cottage which had its own private entrance out into a beautiful quiet courtyard. My 'room' had its own seperate lounge area with couch, TV and a small kitchen (with all the necessary bits and pieces). The complimentary coffee, sugar etc were welcome after a long trip. The bedroom area had a comfortable bed to rival the Sheraton sweet sleepers! and loads of wardrobe space. The furnishings, were comfortable and charming more than modern and expensive, but hey who comes to Nola to sit in their room! Sadie, the owner, asked what time I wanted my breakfast delivered in the mornings and the following morning at 8am I woke up to find fresh hot croissants hanging from a bag outside my front door. The Gentry House has its own private courtyard with some lovely cats and is entered through a huge locked gate (no security worries for a single gal on her own there). The only downside was although the Gentry House is in the French Quarter on St Ann (next to the Creole House I believe) its also very close to N Rampart street and can be a very quiet area at night. A couple of nights I took a taxi back about 5 blocks from Royal/Bourbon because I didn't feel 100% about walking back on my own. On the other hand the Gentry House is only around the corner from Donnas bar and grill which puts on some great live jazz and music nights. On the plus side you get fantastic accomodation at a fantastic price...how she manages this I don't know. Please don't be put off by the fact that the Gentry House is on the outskirts of the F/Q, just be aware of your surroundings and take care, I wouldn't hesitate to go back, even as a single girl. I loved it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)

Been to Gentry House? Share your experiences!