“Friendly and attentive service but towels not ip to Marriott standards!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center

You added New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center to your Saves list
New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #63 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Friendly and attentive service but towels not ip to Marriott standards!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

The location is terrific if attending a convention at the HUGE New Orleans Convention Center. Everything at the Marriott was what could be expected at a full service Marriott hotel, but the towels were threadbare and rough and worn. They felt like they scraped your skin after a shower. We stated four nights, and the towels were consistently bad, not just a one time occurrence. Marriott - get better towels! The rates reflected a supply and demand as the room rate was high during a large convention. The staff was excellent and very friendly and the concierge knew her stuff.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Would stay here again, Very nice staff and great location. Walking distance to wonderful restaurants and sight seeing, Make reservations at popular resturaunts. Be sure to try all of the local dishes and the locally made beer.

Room Tip: Great view on 32nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Lovely time in NOLA and enjoyed our stay so much at this property that we extended to a 2nd night. Fabulous concierge, Danielle made us feel right at home. Room had good view of bridge and extremely convenient to everywhere we wanted to go - French Quarter, Harrah's Casino, streetcar, etc! Only negative is extremely $$$ to park ($34+/night) but we didn't know downtown area well enough to find cheaper car lot nearby.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing the river provides a nice view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Only stayed overnight Sat, 9/8 but the service was excellent. The front desk, concierge, valet and front door men were all friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable. View wasn't great but we don't really care. The bed was really comfy. Did not have a chance to use the wireless. Walls were thin but thankfully our neighbors weren't noisy. The hotel is only a block from Riverwalk and a few easy blocks from Poydras St. If it's really hot and humid those few blocks wouldn't be easy that's for sure. There is a Starbucks in the lobby. Rated it very good because of service. The hotel itself is average.

Room Tip: Room 421 has no view but it wasn't near the elevator either.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during Hurricane Isaac. It stayed open, very comfortable and completely accommodating throughout the storm, when the very short staff had lots of reason to be more concerned about their own families' welfare than our own.

It was clear that a lot of tasks were handled by people who don't always do that work. But they handled the work effectively and with great good humor. Ricky, the doorman, was particularly helpful in making sure that we could get out to the places that eventually did open. And Joanna at the front desk, who had obviously just started workint at the hotel, was a trouper. Everyone in the hotel always made sure we were comfortable and happy throughout the storm.

You see the true measure of people when they serve in a crisis, and the 19 or so people who kept this hotel open during Isaac were splendid in every way.

I have no relationship with Marriott or any of the people who work here. And while I'm sure that there are thousands of hotel staffers around New Orleans who did, and would, perform as the folks here did, I'd stay here again anytime because I know that these people understand what hospitality really means.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Ms. Rhoda the concierge host was a gracious and very helpful to me. I want to let Marriott know that they have an exceptional employee who goes that extra mile to make the guess feel special. She provided me ideal on what to see while in New Orleans, fine dining and much more. Got me ticket to the Essence festival, I feel like I have known her my whole life. I have a friend for every with Rhoda. I will be looking Rhoda up when I return to New Orleans. Because of Rhoda my trip to New Orleans was not boarding but very informative, I learned a lot because of Rhoda kindness and willing to share her knowledge about the city she dearly loves, for that I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to meet Ms. Rhoda. My experience just meet her tell me that every guess that come to Marriott has met Rhoda and fall in love with her personally. The location of the hotel was ideal for me only minutes from the convention center. Ms. Rhoda the concierge was a gracious host and very helpful to me. I want to let Marriott know that they have an exceptional employee who goes that extra mile to make guess feel special. She provided me ideal on what to see while in New Orleans, fine dining and much more. agot me ticket to the Essence festival in July I feel like I have known her my whole life. I have a fried for every with Rhoda. I will be looking Rhoda up when I return to New Orleans. Because of Rhoda my trip to New Orleans was not boarding but very informative I learned a lot because of Rhoda kindness and willing to share her knowledge about the city she dearly loves. For that I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to meet Ms. Rhoda. The location of the hotel was ideal for me only minutes from the convention center.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My spouse and I had the pleasure of meeting Rhoda Martinez, the concierge at the hotel. We were there to celebrate my birthday and it was the 4th of July weekend. The city was full of people attending the Essence Festival. Right away I spoke with Rhoda and she had everything planned for us in a couple of minutes. From tours, museum visits to very nice restaurants, we had reservations. If you are ever in New Orleans and want to get off the tourist path and experience some great New Orleans Food, give Rhoda a call. She is truly the best in the business and will go beyond the call of duty to ensure that you have something positive to talk about back home or before you leave the great city of New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!