“First timers....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Salle Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Orleans
La Salle Hotel
1113 Canal St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #123 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Baltimore
“First timers....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

Just returned home on 1-2-07. Can't say the hotel was a complete mess but I was a little disappointed. This hotel is very old and by the looks of it they are attempting to give it a bit of a face lift. However, the windows/walls are paper thin, bathrooms are not in good shap at all, and the sleeping area is just that...a place to lay your head at night. The staff was very nice, they even let us switch rooms so we wouldn't have to be up front where the road construction was going on. The location was ok. Kind of on the out skirts of the French Quarter but just a short walk to everything. The area it self was a little shaddy but that was to be expected. We were never scared or threaten. We enjoyed our stay and would return but not to that hotel. New Orleans is very much so up and running and we found no areas that are "tourist friendly" were effected by Katrina. I absolutly recommend the trip!

• Liked — Friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2006

This hotel is not at all like reviews posted before the hurricane. I understand that it is under new ownership and management. I went to New Orleans on a business trip but also wanted to be in an affordable place close the the French Quarter. The LaSalle fit my needs perfectly. It is a vintage hotel with a European flavor, not fancy, but very clean and comfortable. The service was wonderful and the staff went out of their way to ask after us and make sure there was plenty of coffee at all times. I would be very happy to stay there again.

• Liked — Location, clean rooms, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Doors were a little thin, but walls were totally soundproof from the adjoining rooms
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greenville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

I just came back from a business/ working 2-day meeting at the Hotel LaSalle in New Orleans. This vintage hotel is truly located in the perfect place -easy walking distance to everything. Being a traveller that typically stays in 4 - star hotel chains- the Hotel Lasalle was a wonderfully different experience. Every room has it's uniqueness. Although the rooms were old, they were refreshingly clean and the hotel management and staff were unbelievable. They sincerely wanted to make your stay as comfortable as possible! I would rate the Service at Hotel LaSalle a 5- Star. This hotel is wonderfully safe and I would recommend it to anyone as one of the best values in New Orleans!

• Liked — Wonderful Service, Clean rooms
  • Disliked — The tricky door keys-
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

In the beginning of my stay I found this hotel to be quite pleasant. It is very affordable, convenient, and appears to be nice. For the most part, the staff was kind and helpful. However, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone because there was a mouse in my room on the dresser. When I reported this to the front desk attendant, he was helpful and asked me if I wanted to move to another room. Trying to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt by telling myself- maybe it's just an isolated incidence of that one mouse in that particular room, I took him up on his offer to move to another room on the opposite side of the hotel. While in this room I again saw a mouse, this time it tried to run up on the bed. It became very obvious to me at this time that this hotel was not the one for me, and I wanted to alert other people about it as well. Both of the front desk attendants that I spoke to separately told me that they did not know of the hotel having mice, and that it may be due to the construction in the area since Hurricane Katrina. Whatever the reason, I know I will not be staying in this hotel again, and I advise you do the same.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The rodent problem
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Midland, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2005

My husband & I call this our "cheap sleep in the Quarter". We've stayed several times. It's more of a European-style hotel, meaning that some rooms share baths, mostly there are no frills, and there are various sizes and layouts of rooms. We will return because the price is right for a hotel at the edge of the Quarter. Our rooms have always been clean and the staff was very nice. We first stayed there 13 years ago and again about 5 years ago. We have not been recently, but will consider staying again sometime.

• Stayed January 1999

Been to La Salle Hotel? Share your experiences!