“Mouse in La Salle!!” 2 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Orleans
La Salle Hotel
1113 Canal St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #124 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
San Antonio, Texas
“Mouse in La Salle!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

In the beginning of my stay I found this hotel to be quite pleasant. It is very affordable, convenient, and appears to be nice. For the most part, the staff was kind and helpful. However, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone because there was a mouse in my room on the dresser. When I reported this to the front desk attendant, he was helpful and asked me if I wanted to move to another room. Trying to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt by telling myself- maybe it's just an isolated incidence of that one mouse in that particular room, I took him up on his offer to move to another room on the opposite side of the hotel. While in this room I again saw a mouse, this time it tried to run up on the bed. It became very obvious to me at this time that this hotel was not the one for me, and I wanted to alert other people about it as well. Both of the front desk attendants that I spoke to separately told me that they did not know of the hotel having mice, and that it may be due to the construction in the area since Hurricane Katrina. Whatever the reason, I know I will not be staying in this hotel again, and I advise you do the same.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The rodent problem
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Midland, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2005

My husband & I call this our "cheap sleep in the Quarter". We've stayed several times. It's more of a European-style hotel, meaning that some rooms share baths, mostly there are no frills, and there are various sizes and layouts of rooms. We will return because the price is right for a hotel at the edge of the Quarter. Our rooms have always been clean and the staff was very nice. We first stayed there 13 years ago and again about 5 years ago. We have not been recently, but will consider staying again sometime.

• Stayed January 1999

Been to La Salle Hotel? Share your experiences!