“My Past stay at the La Salle, N'orlands” 4 of 5 stars

La Salle Hotel
1113 Canal St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #123 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Kempner
“My Past stay at the La Salle, N'orlands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Old South with Antiques, cage elevator, Coeds staying in shared shower rooms made the stay more youthful and fun. Every Thing you need and then some. Reasonable. unique. Very helpful and nice people. If it has mice it would not be suprising they come in on the boats
N'orlands is the only place where cats are allowed in the Kitchens. We had an older couple
that was as vintage as the hotel, and they were very helpful and nice.
We were given maps, They got us one of the best taxi drivers possible, Got us lined
up with a tour, and even walked us to a restraunt that served srimp et tau fe omlets
real N'orlands food.

Room Tip: .One short walk from Bourbon Street. Sounds like it was the last time I was there. Wlshing I was t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

I can't believe how mean people are. This hotel is so very charming. No, it's not a Hilton or a Hyatt. So you won't find a pool or a flat screen television, but it is clean affordable and full of quaint old world beauty. You honestly feel as if you have stepped back in time. The staff is very helpful and very nice. Right on Canal Street, you are mere blocks away fromt the French Quarter. I never saw a mouse or any of the other things that people are alleging. And don't believe it. Yes it is a small hotel. Yes, it's not as swanky as some of the other hotels. But there is no reason to lie.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

This place is a bit on the tough side. I went down to New Orleans with a bunch of friends for a weekend in the Quarter. For our trip the hotel was okay. In fact the guy who worked the front desk loaded us up with Mardi Gras beads when we were heading out for the night. Location was okay, close to the Quarter, but also on the edge of an area that looked a bit scary. I definetly wouldn't recommend this hotel to everybody. Unless you're looking for a simple hotel to sleep off the night before, I would stay away.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

I booked a room here several weeks in advance by telephone and even called a week prior to my arrival to confirm. When I got there, the clerk had no record and the hotel was fully booked. When I asked to speak to the manager, the most shockingly rude woman I have ever spoken to told me to get lost, and denied that I'd ever made the reservation. When I told her I had given a credit card number, she shrugged and said "I must not have been available when they tried to confirm." Unbelievable. I have experienced mix-ups in hotels before, but never have I been subjected to such rudeness or gratuituous hostility. STay away from this place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — insane rudeness of manager/owner
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
mount laurel NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend of the Saints/Eagles Playoff Game. Let me tell you not only is the hotel in a bad neighborhood where we were afraid for our lives but the building itself is in rotten shape. Our room was something out of the movie "SAW"...we were promised an executive double but were given a single and were told they had nothing else to give us. I took 1 shower the whole weekend because the shower was filled with mildew and the water pressure was like a dripping faucet. If you stay here, get so drunk in the quarer to where you forget how dirty the room is!

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

I am a married 23 year old who needed a short but sweet getaway. This trip was nice. I stayed at the Lasalle December 7th -11th. I was satisfied with the room. It was definitely clean but was small. Thankful to this website I was aware of the doors that are much too outdated. After I checked in and taught myself how to trick the door, I was fine. The housekeeper and staff was exceptional in being extremely nice and helpful in suggestions and looking up information. Orlando(front desk) and TNoki(housekeeper) and Sean (front desk) were the employees who stood out to me fabulous. Because there is a free internet at the desk its quite convenient. Beware though that you must be back to the hotel before 11pm which can be inconvenient if you want to party til dawn! I was a bit disatisfied for the Lasalle not having a gym. I had to find an outside gym which is $12/day. Trust me having a gym is necessary because of the delicious Beignets. If you are looking to be quite close to the French Quarters beware that you have a 15 minute brisk walk before you.

• Liked — The customer service and the cleanliness.
  • Disliked — The facility needs new door knobs on most the rooms.
  • Tips/Secrets — Expect the worse. Hope for the best. Be surprised at what you find in between.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

Just returned home on 1-2-07. Can't say the hotel was a complete mess but I was a little disappointed. This hotel is very old and by the looks of it they are attempting to give it a bit of a face lift. However, the windows/walls are paper thin, bathrooms are not in good shap at all, and the sleeping area is just that...a place to lay your head at night. The staff was very nice, they even let us switch rooms so we wouldn't have to be up front where the road construction was going on. The location was ok. Kind of on the out skirts of the French Quarter but just a short walk to everything. The area it self was a little shaddy but that was to be expected. We were never scared or threaten. We enjoyed our stay and would return but not to that hotel. New Orleans is very much so up and running and we found no areas that are "tourist friendly" were effected by Katrina. I absolutly recommend the trip!

• Liked — Friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Salle Hotel? Share your experiences!