“Horrible--do not stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
new york
“Horrible--do not stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

I booked a room here several weeks in advance by telephone and even called a week prior to my arrival to confirm. When I got there, the clerk had no record and the hotel was fully booked. When I asked to speak to the manager, the most shockingly rude woman I have ever spoken to told me to get lost, and denied that I'd ever made the reservation. When I told her I had given a credit card number, she shrugged and said "I must not have been available when they tried to confirm." Unbelievable. I have experienced mix-ups in hotels before, but never have I been subjected to such rudeness or gratuituous hostility. STay away from this place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — insane rudeness of manager/owner
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
mount laurel NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend of the Saints/Eagles Playoff Game. Let me tell you not only is the hotel in a bad neighborhood where we were afraid for our lives but the building itself is in rotten shape. Our room was something out of the movie "SAW"...we were promised an executive double but were given a single and were told they had nothing else to give us. I took 1 shower the whole weekend because the shower was filled with mildew and the water pressure was like a dripping faucet. If you stay here, get so drunk in the quarer to where you forget how dirty the room is!

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

I am a married 23 year old who needed a short but sweet getaway. This trip was nice. I stayed at the Lasalle December 7th -11th. I was satisfied with the room. It was definitely clean but was small. Thankful to this website I was aware of the doors that are much too outdated. After I checked in and taught myself how to trick the door, I was fine. The housekeeper and staff was exceptional in being extremely nice and helpful in suggestions and looking up information. Orlando(front desk) and TNoki(housekeeper) and Sean (front desk) were the employees who stood out to me fabulous. Because there is a free internet at the desk its quite convenient. Beware though that you must be back to the hotel before 11pm which can be inconvenient if you want to party til dawn! I was a bit disatisfied for the Lasalle not having a gym. I had to find an outside gym which is $12/day. Trust me having a gym is necessary because of the delicious Beignets. If you are looking to be quite close to the French Quarters beware that you have a 15 minute brisk walk before you.

• Liked — The customer service and the cleanliness.
  • Disliked — The facility needs new door knobs on most the rooms.
  • Tips/Secrets — Expect the worse. Hope for the best. Be surprised at what you find in between.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

Just returned home on 1-2-07. Can't say the hotel was a complete mess but I was a little disappointed. This hotel is very old and by the looks of it they are attempting to give it a bit of a face lift. However, the windows/walls are paper thin, bathrooms are not in good shap at all, and the sleeping area is just that...a place to lay your head at night. The staff was very nice, they even let us switch rooms so we wouldn't have to be up front where the road construction was going on. The location was ok. Kind of on the out skirts of the French Quarter but just a short walk to everything. The area it self was a little shaddy but that was to be expected. We were never scared or threaten. We enjoyed our stay and would return but not to that hotel. New Orleans is very much so up and running and we found no areas that are "tourist friendly" were effected by Katrina. I absolutly recommend the trip!

• Liked — Friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2006

This hotel is not at all like reviews posted before the hurricane. I understand that it is under new ownership and management. I went to New Orleans on a business trip but also wanted to be in an affordable place close the the French Quarter. The LaSalle fit my needs perfectly. It is a vintage hotel with a European flavor, not fancy, but very clean and comfortable. The service was wonderful and the staff went out of their way to ask after us and make sure there was plenty of coffee at all times. I would be very happy to stay there again.

• Liked — Location, clean rooms, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Doors were a little thin, but walls were totally soundproof from the adjoining rooms
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greenville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

I just came back from a business/ working 2-day meeting at the Hotel LaSalle in New Orleans. This vintage hotel is truly located in the perfect place -easy walking distance to everything. Being a traveller that typically stays in 4 - star hotel chains- the Hotel Lasalle was a wonderfully different experience. Every room has it's uniqueness. Although the rooms were old, they were refreshingly clean and the hotel management and staff were unbelievable. They sincerely wanted to make your stay as comfortable as possible! I would rate the Service at Hotel LaSalle a 5- Star. This hotel is wonderfully safe and I would recommend it to anyone as one of the best values in New Orleans!

• Liked — Wonderful Service, Clean rooms
  • Disliked — The tricky door keys-
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

In the beginning of my stay I found this hotel to be quite pleasant. It is very affordable, convenient, and appears to be nice. For the most part, the staff was kind and helpful. However, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone because there was a mouse in my room on the dresser. When I reported this to the front desk attendant, he was helpful and asked me if I wanted to move to another room. Trying to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt by telling myself- maybe it's just an isolated incidence of that one mouse in that particular room, I took him up on his offer to move to another room on the opposite side of the hotel. While in this room I again saw a mouse, this time it tried to run up on the bed. It became very obvious to me at this time that this hotel was not the one for me, and I wanted to alert other people about it as well. Both of the front desk attendants that I spoke to separately told me that they did not know of the hotel having mice, and that it may be due to the construction in the area since Hurricane Katrina. Whatever the reason, I know I will not be staying in this hotel again, and I advise you do the same.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The rodent problem
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Salle Hotel? Share your experiences!