“So happy we stumbled upon this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Donuts
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“So happy we stumbled upon this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We walked by this place while were out taking a stroll on Magazine Street on a Sunday morning during our visit to New Orleans and couldn't help notice the line inside. We had just finished breakfast but the mention of "maple bacon donut" on the window menu stuck with us throughout our walk, so we stopped in on our way back. The selection of treats is so creative, it was hard to make a decision! My husband got the pork belly sliders with a maple bacon donut, and I went for the Monte Cristo Croquenut (ham and melted cheese in a grilled donut, topped with powdered sugar and preserves- not to be confused with a cronut). While I would usually feel too guilty to be able to enjoy a donut as bread, I made an exception and it was honestly incredible! Not too sweet or rich, just delicious. This place is definitely more of a dietary splurge, but well worth it for a rare treat.

• Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
“Liked it so much despite myself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I did not want to like this place. Sliders and doughnuts and beer and sliders made of doughnuts seems like the hipster food nonsense people my age would come up with and not know what they were doing. I usually like cleaner, less junky food, so I was really suspicious of this place at first. I was so wrong. The doughnuts are so, so good. We went back here 3 times during our short trip. I worried I would have a heart attack here and die. I might not have minded. Usually sliders are horrible and dry, these were so juicy that WARNING be wary of your clothes and use many paper napkins. There's not table service but these people are awesome and accommodating. I saw one ditzy woman ask the chef/expediter for a straw when he was going out of his mind with orders flooding in - he handled it so gracefully I was amazed. Not every slider or doughnut is going to be the best but that's more about personal preference, e.g. I loved the fried oyster slider and didn't like the pork so much, and I loved the Vietnamese iced coffee doughnut but didn't love the maple bacon so much. There is a lot to try though. Be prepared for queues.

• Visited January 2014
Washington, DC
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I only had the donuts (not the sliders) but enjoyed them enough to go back another time and try additional varieties!

Visited December 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Donuts for the non-donut fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I don't even like most donuts, but I loved these. The sliders were awesome and big - I could only eat two. Specials today included 5 spice duck, filet and BLT. All done perfectly. Glad I had a little room for donuts. Had the black and gold, Vietnamese coffee and salted caramel. Loved the texture of the donuts; like nothing else I've had. Can't wait to go back and try the pork belly sliders I've heard so much about.

• Visited December 2013
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“What a great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Hip, yummy, reasonable new place in lower garden district. Cool atmosphere for all ages. Loved both the 5 spice duck and pork belly sliders. If the banana pudding donuts are available, GET THEM. Less crowded at night. Buy beer at deli next door and drop in the DDSB super cooler.

Visited December 2013