“Stay Away From This Dirty Raunchy Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #91 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Dallas, Texas
“Stay Away From This Dirty Raunchy Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I wanted to let you all know about the hotel that I stayed in. I normally stay in the Quarter or Downtown area but, this year I had to book later than usual and this was pretty much the only thing I could book. I'm bringing this to your attention cause I know that the City of NOLA wants to give it's best to visitors.
I've been in hotel sales for 21 yrs and I was disgusted what I saw, smelled and by the lack of service that was provided. I booked the hotel on Price line, due to the availability of the time booking so as you know I paid in full at that time.
I called the hotel directly and asked when it was built and when was the last renovation. I was told it was 6 yrs old and they renovated in July 2010. I thought well great!! not bad.. so I booked the hotel.
We arrived late on Friday night after the parades. I was with my Sister Christie and her two girls one 10 and the other 11. Upon booking and calling them directly I was told no problem about getting a non smoking room. Well, needless to say we did not get it. We could see clouds of smoke in the hall and in the room itself. I was given a bottle of fabreeze spray. I was told that the Ops Mgr told them they couldn't move anyone everyone was already pre keyed and paid, that there was nothing they could do til morning. We slept through the clouds and the harsh spray which you could imagine if your not a smoker..
The next morning I asked to be moved and they did. Great we said... it was a non smoking room, we were happy to breath again. We left that day after 1pm and I asked the front desk agent to pls let housekeeping know they could now clean.. She said oh we are only doing limited service just towels and trash.. hmmm I thought well OK that is good. We really did not dirty the room.. We got back after midnight that night and no towels and now trash service.... I went down to the from desk and let the agent know.. she apologized and gave me a few towels...
The next day we slept in and left the room about 3pm and told the front desk agent that we were leaving and they could clean the room.. oh yes sir she said I'll let them know...
Well we arrive really late that night cause of the two parades on Sunday night.. NO SERVICE AGAIN!!!! no trash, no towels, and no vacuuming.. I was really angry then.. The frond desk agent was very sorry and logged it in her book.. we were so disgusted and ready to leave but, we had paid in full so we stuck it out.. The next morning I woke up and went to get ice down the hall.. when I opened up the door at 8am there was throw-up two doors down next to the elevator and across near the door of the room someone did not make it to their bathroom. There was a large towel trying to cover it up and a large sheet on the other near the door with two large yellow cones saying wet area.. it stayed there till later that morning. I should have taken pics of all this but, never thought that one more bad thing could happen. Well I was wrong.... the girls did not sleep on the sleeper sofa they slept with my sister and I in the King bed, I'll show you why.

I really want to contact the GM about this or owner but, not sure if anything would really get them serious about doing anything about it. But, i did call the GM he was not in but i was transferred to his voice mail, guess what... it was full so i could not leave a message.
I hope you all do not recommend this property until they improve on many issues.
I want to attach pics of what I saw in our room....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wollongong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We were supposed to be booked into the Holiday Inn Express in the French Quarter but our travel consultant made a mistake so we stayed here. It's way out of town but it didn't matter. The very friendly & helpful staff tried to have us moved but I didn't worry as they
organised for us to be taken into the Quarter & collected before dark by a reputable taxi driver. The breakfast which was included wasn't too bad but there was no where around close to get any supplies from especially after dark. Again the helpful staff (Chester) assisted me by getting my some milk & snacks for my children as it was too dangerous to walk to the closest convenience store at night. The staff were all so willing to help us and we enjoyed staying here as the base for our New Orleans stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Abq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Hotel is not too far from the French Quarter. Safer location and away from the madness. Not to mention price was lower. Rooms are large as well as bathrooms. It was very clean. New everything, very comfortable beds and staff was pleasent and very outgoing, they gave great input on the variety of activities that were available.Breakfast was great and area was clean. Such a great atmosphere we decided to stay another night. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed at this Hotel as part of a Cosmos Tour, was a lovely Hotel and was also in a great area. I couldn't fault how the comfy the beds were - they were awesome. One quirk of the Hotel that I wasn't that sure on was that some rooms didn't have external windows and only had windows into the Halls - was really pleased that I didn't get one of those don't think I would've been too keen on it. A nice little breakfast was available down stairs with enough to offer for a decent breakfast. Pretty good location as well, just a short walk to Bourbon Street and The French Quarter. There is also a lovely lady that works in the breakfast room and she went out of her way to find some fruit for me after the bowl had emptied!

• Stayed May 2010
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I went to New Orleans for a conference and stayed here. It was a decent hotel with friendly staff, nice clean rooms and a restaurant with good food. Though it is not very close to all the action (Bourbon St.), you can walk there in 10-15mins. The hotel also provided shuttle service to the conference location. The price was much cheaper than the hotels near bourbon st. Good value for money.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The hotel I usually reserve for my trips to New Orleans, the Marriott Lakeway, was booked solid so I was forced to pick elsewhere. There weren't many choices due to all the oil spill clean-up teams in town. I ended up choosing this Holiday Inn Express because it was only 2 miles away from the location of the wedding I was in town for and it's right off of I-10, plus the tripadvisor reviews were mostly good. I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in over 10 years and my last experience wasn't very pleasant, so I was very reluctant to book a room. Upon check-in I was pleasantly surprised; the lobby was clean and nicely decorated, check-in was quick and the staffers were helpful and polite. My room was clean and had a mini refrigerator and microwave. The bathtub drain was slow, but that was a minor annoyance. A full breakfast was included; the dinning area was kept clean and the food was hot and fresh. There is nothing fancy about this hotel, but it is relatively new (post Katrina) and clean. I would recommended it and I'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, especially the rep. in the breakfast area. Every morning she would greet you with a smile and a word of encouragement. Room was properly cleaned everyday except one day we had to go downstairs for towels. Parking was convenient but the Business Center was out of order.. The major complaint I have is very uncomfortable beds and extremely slow elevators. The mattress was too firm and it felt like I was sleeping on a wooden box. Hope they purchase better mattresses. Would recommend this hotel to friends if they can stand the hard mattresses.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East? Share your experiences!