I wanted to let you all know about the hotel that I stayed in. I normally stay in the Quarter or Downtown area but, this year I had to book later than usual and this was pretty much the only thing I could book. I'm bringing this to your attention cause I know that the City of NOLA wants to give it's best to visitors.
I've been in hotel sales for 21 yrs and I was disgusted what I saw, smelled and by the lack of service that was provided. I booked the hotel on Price line, due to the availability of the time booking so as you know I paid in full at that time.
I called the hotel directly and asked when it was built and when was the last renovation. I was told it was 6 yrs old and they renovated in July 2010. I thought well great!! not bad.. so I booked the hotel.
We arrived late on Friday night after the parades. I was with my Sister Christie and her two girls one 10 and the other 11. Upon booking and calling them directly I was told no problem about getting a non smoking room. Well, needless to say we did not get it. We could see clouds of smoke in the hall and in the room itself. I was given a bottle of fabreeze spray. I was told that the Ops Mgr told them they couldn't move anyone everyone was already pre keyed and paid, that there was nothing they could do til morning. We slept through the clouds and the harsh spray which you could imagine if your not a smoker..
The next morning I asked to be moved and they did. Great we said... it was a non smoking room, we were happy to breath again. We left that day after 1pm and I asked the front desk agent to pls let housekeeping know they could now clean.. She said oh we are only doing limited service just towels and trash.. hmmm I thought well OK that is good. We really did not dirty the room.. We got back after midnight that night and no towels and now trash service.... I went down to the from desk and let the agent know.. she apologized and gave me a few towels...
The next day we slept in and left the room about 3pm and told the front desk agent that we were leaving and they could clean the room.. oh yes sir she said I'll let them know...
Well we arrive really late that night cause of the two parades on Sunday night.. NO SERVICE AGAIN!!!! no trash, no towels, and no vacuuming.. I was really angry then.. The frond desk agent was very sorry and logged it in her book.. we were so disgusted and ready to leave but, we had paid in full so we stuck it out.. The next morning I woke up and went to get ice down the hall.. when I opened up the door at 8am there was throw-up two doors down next to the elevator and across near the door of the room someone did not make it to their bathroom. There was a large towel trying to cover it up and a large sheet on the other near the door with two large yellow cones saying wet area.. it stayed there till later that morning. I should have taken pics of all this but, never thought that one more bad thing could happen. Well I was wrong.... the girls did not sleep on the sleeper sofa they slept with my sister and I in the King bed, I'll show you why.
I really want to contact the GM about this or owner but, not sure if anything would really get them serious about doing anything about it. But, i did call the GM he was not in but i was transferred to his voice mail, guess what... it was full so i could not leave a message.
I hope you all do not recommend this property until they improve on many issues.
I want to attach pics of what I saw in our room....
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East Hotel New Orleans
- Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East Hotel
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new Holiday Inn Express Hotel located minutes from downtown New Orleans. This New Orleans hotel offer features and comfort of home while away on business or for pleasure. We can host your small corporate meeting in our meeting facility while offering a business center with free high speed Internet access. After enjoying beignets at Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter work off some calories in our fitness center. Relax and unwind at our outdoor swimming pool. Come visit our hotel for one of the many events held in this wonderful city such as Jazz Festival, Mardi Gras, Essence Festival, Sugar Bowl or Bayou Classic. Our business travelers love the complimentary deluxe continental breakfast before heading to one of the local companies such as Delgado Fire School or NASA Michoud to name a couple. Our leisure travelers enjoy the short distance to Bourbon Street, Aquarium of the Americas or Six Flags theme park.Each guestroom and suite offer free local telephone calls, free wired high-speed Internet access and micro-fridge. Our hotel lobby has free wireless Internet access for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.