“Value for money. Nice rooms, good location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #91 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Los Angeles
“Value for money. Nice rooms, good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I went to New Orleans for a conference and stayed here. It was a decent hotel with friendly staff, nice clean rooms and a restaurant with good food. Though it is not very close to all the action (Bourbon St.), you can walk there in 10-15mins. The hotel also provided shuttle service to the conference location. The price was much cheaper than the hotels near bourbon st. Good value for money.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The hotel I usually reserve for my trips to New Orleans, the Marriott Lakeway, was booked solid so I was forced to pick elsewhere. There weren't many choices due to all the oil spill clean-up teams in town. I ended up choosing this Holiday Inn Express because it was only 2 miles away from the location of the wedding I was in town for and it's right off of I-10, plus the tripadvisor reviews were mostly good. I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in over 10 years and my last experience wasn't very pleasant, so I was very reluctant to book a room. Upon check-in I was pleasantly surprised; the lobby was clean and nicely decorated, check-in was quick and the staffers were helpful and polite. My room was clean and had a mini refrigerator and microwave. The bathtub drain was slow, but that was a minor annoyance. A full breakfast was included; the dinning area was kept clean and the food was hot and fresh. There is nothing fancy about this hotel, but it is relatively new (post Katrina) and clean. I would recommended it and I'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, especially the rep. in the breakfast area. Every morning she would greet you with a smile and a word of encouragement. Room was properly cleaned everyday except one day we had to go downstairs for towels. Parking was convenient but the Business Center was out of order.. The major complaint I have is very uncomfortable beds and extremely slow elevators. The mattress was too firm and it felt like I was sleeping on a wooden box. Hope they purchase better mattresses. Would recommend this hotel to friends if they can stand the hard mattresses.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

My husband and I were in New Orleans for work. I must say this Holiday Inn was extremely nice and well ran. The General Manager, Freddrick, did an outstanding job meeting our needs and making us feel right at home. His customer service skills are excellant and he diffently leads by example. All his staff was friendly and helpful. I would most certainly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

All I can say is that the hotel seems to be poorly managed and it seems as if they are trying to do everything on the cheap. We are staying for a week, so we have some experience. First, they seem understaffed. It is frequently hard to find someone at the front desk and sometimes the phone rings for minutes. The breakfast does not meet normal HIE standards, The coffee is weak. They don't serve the normal complement of food. For instance, every other day there is sausage or bacon. Not here. Some days they just skip the meat. 3 out of five days they ran out of food during service. The TV did not work in one of our rooms and it took 3 days to fix. The hot tub has not worked since we arrived. Today they put an out of order sign on it. We knew that a few days ago! The wireless speed is slow, obviously inadequate service for the number of rooms. The pool is miniscule, which didn't bother us because we don't care, but I'm not really sure why they even put it in. I've never seen a hotel pool this small. For the prices being charged, they should do a much better job and if you've stayed at other HIE's, I think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Rome, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

We visited New Orleans for a few day. While this hotel is about 10 miles from the French Quarter it is very nice. The place was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful, particularly the lady who works in the Breakfast Room. Would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Hartselle, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Great place to stay. My family stayed here during our trip to the Sugar Bowl. People went out their ay to make our stay good

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East? Share your experiences!