I should start saying I am not a complainer or picky hotel guest. But this time I need to be fair with people considering to book this specific hotel. Actually I read some bad reviews and decided to ignore - but it was Essence festival dates and had not too many choices.
I created a list of what dissapointed me, and you decide what you can stand:
1. Rate > 210 usd, did not worth it, continue reading
2. Staff not really friendly, there were multiple customers complaining since we arrived.
3. Assigned room smelled such a smoker room, we dont smoke
4. Area did not look like a safe place, old and abandoned buildings around
5. Entire hotel requires maintenance. A/C did not worked well, shower did not worked well, even guests additional access points did not work
6. It looks old and a little bit dirty (floor borders, walls,etc)
7. And finally what made me write this, a simple thing as I needed more towels and the lady at the front desk asked me to bring the dirty ones to replace them, next I brought them to the front desk and she told something to the other employee in secret when they went inside to get the new ones (`she should ....blablablabla`) which made me feel really unrespected and bad. Not professional and I felt treated as a cheater or thief.
please if you have doubts about this hotel, think twice about booking.
The only good things: not far from Nola downtown anfd the ladies serving the breakfast are super sweet :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new Holiday Inn Express Hotel located minutes from downtown New Orleans. This New Orleans hotel offer features and comfort of home while away on business or for pleasure. We can host your small corporate meeting in our meeting facility while offering a business center with free high speed Internet access. After enjoying beignets at Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter work off some calories in our fitness center. Relax and unwind at our outdoor swimming pool. Come visit our hotel for one of the many events held in this wonderful city such as Jazz Festival, Mardi Gras, Essence Festival, Sugar Bowl or Bayou Classic. Our business travelers love the complimentary deluxe continental breakfast before heading to one of the local companies such as Delgado Fire School or NASA Michoud to name a couple. Our leisure travelers enjoy the short distance to Bourbon Street, Aquarium of the Americas or Six Flags theme park.Each guestroom and suite offer free local telephone calls, free wired high-speed Internet access and micro-fridge. Our hotel lobby has free wireless Internet access for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East Hotel New Orleans
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn