“Not happy” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Not happy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Front desk employees wee rude except for front desk employee Kia. Got in New Orleans at 1:00 and tried to get room, dude said my room wasn't ready and that "all rooms were dirty". A/C was broke, Kia worked on it but it never got cold. Reported it again at check out and the lady just looked at me and never acknowledged my complaint. Breakfast was very good. Staying away from Holiday Inn Express for awhile.
Kia was extremely nice. They should let her train the other front desk employees!

Stayed April 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear r2ellis,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I were really impressed with our room. Our king suite was more like a condo than a hotel room. It was clean and comfortable. My only complaint was we could hear our neighbors early on in the night, but they weren't loud enough to bother us. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We have stayed with Holiday Inn before and you can't go wrong with them no matter what state you are in. This one is east of the French Quarter right off of I 10. Staff was extremely nice and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again. It is in a quiet area and only 15 minutes from the Quarter and downtown. The rooms were clean and a nice size. Oh and there is a hot breakfast offered each morning. It consist of eggs, sausage, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, cereal, grits, yogurt, juice, coffee. Can't go wrong with this hotel!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kinderhook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I booked a last minute trip to New Orleans. I went online and quickly booked a hotel. I was supposed to be booking in Downtown NO. However I booked this hotel instead. I should have realized my mistake by how cheap it was-but I was rushing. The staff was so friendly and helpful. There is a bus in front that will take you to Canal St. You can get a day pass for $3 and you can use it for the Street cars. It takes about 30 minutes to go back and forth but it goes through beautiful neighborhoods so you see another side of NO. And on the last day we rented a car and traveled to other parts of LA. It was our best trip yet and we travel several times a year. The only downside is we went in March and the staff said it was too cold for the pool. But not the worst thing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The holiday Inn at 1am in the morning welcomed me and made me feel at home.in all dealings with reception I was treated well and looked after to a high degree of service. The same goes the Shuttle drivers connected to the Inn.
The room was a double queen size with a clean bathroom.
Indeed all my rooms were clean and well maintained. Think the bed was in need of replacing as was lumpy. However it didn't stop me from getting a good sleep.
Breakfast is included in the cost and it was outstanding every time I ate there.
The hotel suffers from being too far away, particularly if you don't have a car. The shuttle is excellent but at $20 one way the cost adds up and in long run the Inn is not much of a bargain. The trip by taxi to the Inn from the airport cost me $53!!
Would recommend the Holiday Inn only if you have your own transport.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear johnsteele507,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I have taken note of your comments regarding the bed and rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Nice, clean rooms. Good and generous hot breakfast. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
My only complaint is that aside from the IHOP down the road, there are no family style restaurants in the East end! You either have to drive into town, or out to Slidell for something other than fast food!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

First let me start by saying that the front desk clerk, Kia Sophia, was the sweetest most helpful person in the world. She recommended great places to eat, checked on us, gave us directions on where to park, and helped us when we had unpleasent smells in the hallways near and in our room. The hotel was clean, and was a comparable price. It was not too far from the city and the drive was nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East? Share your experiences!