“Helpful Front Desk, disappointing housekeeping.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #102 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Pensacola, Florida
“Helpful Front Desk, disappointing housekeeping.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Front desk staff was helpful and knowledgeable in the dining department. Housekeeping forgot to deliver fresh towels when they removed all the soiled towels.

Easy to find from the interstate. I had room 223. No problems with pest. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: It was 38 degrees outside, I turned the heat off to let the room cool down, it got hotter. We had to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I chose this location to stay for the 2012 Jazzfest. I really liked this hotel and would stay again. The hotel and rooms were very clean, the breakfast was nice and it was away from the hustle and bussle. The front desk assistants were very helpful and the hotel had shuttles that commuted the customers to the Jazzfest. I also liked that I did not have to pay daily for parking, which I would have had to do if I stayed in a downtown location.

The only negative notes were that there are no world renowned restaurants in the area and it takes a 10min ride to get to downtown New Orleans.

Great stay for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Karayan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Sean P,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to share such positive feedback. We are very pleased to hear that the cleanliness and service of the hotel met your expectations. Also, thank you for bringing to our attention the shortage of world renowned restaurants in the area. We have taken this into consideration and have forwarded to the necessary people in hopes of expanding dining options in the near future. Please be sure to stay with us again during Jazzfest 2013.
Hattiesburg, MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I had a reservation at this New Orleans East hotel while attending a convention in the area. We arrived at the hotel which looked nice and clean on the outside. I was greeted by the clerk and checked into my room pretty quickly with no problems. Once I arrived at my room and opened the door, an extremely strong odor of smoke hit me. This was the strongest smoke odor I have ever smelled at a hotel. I have been in smoking rooms before that would have a hint of smoke in them, but this room was so bad that I smelled like it after only walking in for about a minute. One of the walls also looked like it had been "patch painted". The new paint was a different color so each part that had been repainted stood out pretty bad. I went back downstairs to the front desk and told the clerk that my room smelled terrible. She looked at my reservation and told me that I was put down for a smoking room. I told her that I did not want a smoking room and could not sleep with that smell. She told me she had no more double rooms but could give me a king room. I told her that all four of us could not sleep in a king bed. She then told me there was nothing she could do. I again told her I could not sleep in that room and she responded "I'm sorry, but I can't do anything." Since I'm a Priority Club Platinum member and made the reservations through them, I told her I would call them for help. She responded, "They can't do anything about it." This is not the way to treat a customer that is tired from traveling and in this situation. I called Priority Club and explained the situation to guest relations. They assured me that the hotel manager would contact me within 5 minutes to resolve the situation. Fifteen minutes later, I had received no call so I called Priority Club back and had them move me to another hotel. I was moved to the Holiday Inn in Slidell. The new hotel was much, much better and more in line with how a Holiday Inn should be. This whole situation could have been so much better if the front desk clerk would have offered to try and help me find another room in the area. I response of "I can't do anything about it" is not the right answer. I still have heard nothing from the manager of this hotel. The Priority Club did make sure I was not charged for the room.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, make sure they don't try to stick you in a smoking room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Stacy T,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, LA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great staff, room clean, great breakfast, clean property. Stop at this hotel on our way home to Memphis, Tennessee. Great location on minutes from burbon street and action. Lots of shops in area, Staff was soooooooooooo helpful. Great bed and we got a smoking room

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stopped by New Orleans and had terrible timing, the Saints had a game so downtown was out of the question, we found this Holiday Inn Express a few miles from town and what a GEM it was. Very friendly staff, fantastic continential breakfast, rooms were new and clean. Such a blessing to be able to drive in to town, do the tourist stuff and drive back. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express and will look for the same hotels in my future travels.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor, room was great. I would recommend top (4th) floor to others, no complai...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to stay outside of Downtown and the mess of Bourbon Street by by New Orleans. This hotel was newly renovated and so nice! The General Manager let us check in early and was very helpful. Great hotel at a great price. It is only a 15 drive to the French Quarter. Worth a stay!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

As previously mentioned New Orleans East is not a glamourous location, but this recently renovated hotel met our every need -- with easy access from I-10. We found the rooms to be quiet and comfortable and the free wifi was not too congested. The French Quarter is about 15 minutes away, but prices here are far more affordable than hotels in town, especially with the free parking, with large parking spaces. Would definitely come back if our travels take us this way again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East? Share your experiences!