My family and I had a reservation at this New Orleans East hotel while attending a convention in the area. We arrived at the hotel which looked nice and clean on the outside. I was greeted by the clerk and checked into my room pretty quickly with no problems. Once I arrived at my room and opened the door, an extremely strong odor of smoke hit me. This was the strongest smoke odor I have ever smelled at a hotel. I have been in smoking rooms before that would have a hint of smoke in them, but this room was so bad that I smelled like it after only walking in for about a minute. One of the walls also looked like it had been "patch painted". The new paint was a different color so each part that had been repainted stood out pretty bad. I went back downstairs to the front desk and told the clerk that my room smelled terrible. She looked at my reservation and told me that I was put down for a smoking room. I told her that I did not want a smoking room and could not sleep with that smell. She told me she had no more double rooms but could give me a king room. I told her that all four of us could not sleep in a king bed. She then told me there was nothing she could do. I again told her I could not sleep in that room and she responded "I'm sorry, but I can't do anything." Since I'm a Priority Club Platinum member and made the reservations through them, I told her I would call them for help. She responded, "They can't do anything about it." This is not the way to treat a customer that is tired from traveling and in this situation. I called Priority Club and explained the situation to guest relations. They assured me that the hotel manager would contact me within 5 minutes to resolve the situation. Fifteen minutes later, I had received no call so I called Priority Club back and had them move me to another hotel. I was moved to the Holiday Inn in Slidell. The new hotel was much, much better and more in line with how a Holiday Inn should be. This whole situation could have been so much better if the front desk clerk would have offered to try and help me find another room in the area. I response of "I can't do anything about it" is not the right answer. I still have heard nothing from the manager of this hotel. The Priority Club did make sure I was not charged for the room.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East Hotel New Orleans
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new Holiday Inn Express Hotel located minutes from downtown New Orleans. This New Orleans hotel offer features and comfort of home while away on business or for pleasure. We can host your small corporate meeting in our meeting facility while offering a business center with free high speed Internet access. After enjoying beignets at Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter work off some calories in our fitness center. Relax and unwind at our outdoor swimming pool. Come visit our hotel for one of the many events held in this wonderful city such as Jazz Festival, Mardi Gras, Essence Festival, Sugar Bowl or Bayou Classic. Our business travelers love the complimentary deluxe continental breakfast before heading to one of the local companies such as Delgado Fire School or NASA Michoud to name a couple. Our leisure travelers enjoy the short distance to Bourbon Street, Aquarium of the Americas or Six Flags theme park.Each guestroom and suite offer free local telephone calls, free wired high-speed Internet access and micro-fridge. Our hotel lobby has free wireless Internet access for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.