This hotel is a good 15 minutes from the French Quarter without traffic. We knew that going in and since we had a rental car, it was not a huge deal. We stayed here on my husband's points and understandably it took a lot less points than a downtown hotel would have.The outside and grounds were well maintained and the lobby was attractive. The staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful with the exception of the woman who took care of the breakfast buffet. She did not seem to like her job or her customers very much. The selection of food for the breakfast buffet was excellent and the food was very good. The bathroom was large but the room was small. We had a king size bed and there was room for only a desk, no table in this room. And with having a refrigerator and microwave it would have been nice to have a table to eat at. Our room overlooked the parking lot and since there were not a lot of other guests, it was quiet. For the 5 days we were there, the one thing I didn't care for was how cold the hallway was to our room. We were a distance from the elevator and every time I stepped into that hallway I felt like I was entering a walk in refrigerator. As with many sections of East New Orleans, restoration of the area is very spotty and there are few businesses and restaurants close by. If you did not have a car, it would be difficult to find any place to eat that is close by.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East Hotel New Orleans
- Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East Hotel
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new Holiday Inn Express Hotel located minutes from downtown New Orleans. This New Orleans hotel offer features and comfort of home while away on business or for pleasure. We can host your small corporate meeting in our meeting facility while offering a business center with free high speed Internet access. After enjoying beignets at Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter work off some calories in our fitness center. Relax and unwind at our outdoor swimming pool. Come visit our hotel for one of the many events held in this wonderful city such as Jazz Festival, Mardi Gras, Essence Festival, Sugar Bowl or Bayou Classic. Our business travelers love the complimentary deluxe continental breakfast before heading to one of the local companies such as Delgado Fire School or NASA Michoud to name a couple. Our leisure travelers enjoy the short distance to Bourbon Street, Aquarium of the Americas or Six Flags theme park.Each guestroom and suite offer free local telephone calls, free wired high-speed Internet access and micro-fridge. Our hotel lobby has free wireless Internet access for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.