“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Ohio
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My family of 9 stayed at the Holiday Inn Express the day before we were to leave on a cruise. We were treated like we were the only guest at this hotel. The rooms were very clean. Which I am really funny about. The continental breakfast was like eating in a restaurant. Bacon, eggs, pancakes, gravy and biscuts. The service was excellent!!!. Just excellent!!! We were greeted at the front desk by Preslyn. She was nothing short of the best. She went above and beyond her job discription. I appricate great customer service and she was came through. She helped us get the rooms we needed and then she worked with us to get us the best transportation to the curise ship. And we did get the best driver James from Triple "J" Transportation and Tours. My hat is off to this hotel. a +10 rating. My family will make sure we pass the word on this one. Thank you so much starting our vacation off to a great start.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ocoee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East. The room/bathroom was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. For an express hotel, this really exceeded my expectations. The complimentary breakfast was good. This hotel is only about 5-7 miles from the Michoud Assembly Facility which made it very convenient. I will definitely stay here again if I'm on business travel

Room Tip: My room was right next to the elevator but never was there a hint of noise
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Saint Charles, Missouri, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My daughters and I were leaving out of New Orleans for a cruise. I reserved a room to stay at for the night before the cruise, and paid for the room online through the company website. The night we were to stay, I called to tell them to inform them that we would be arriving later than I had thought due to traffic, and I told clerk, (Christina), that I didn't want them to give away my room. She assured me that it was no problem, since I had already paid for my room. When we finally arrived in New Orleans, we took a very wrong exit, and when I called to clarify directions I was told they no longer had a room for us! I was completely dumbfounded! Wow. I told the clerk, (Zach), that couldn't be right, as I had already paid for the room, and that I had even called earlier and informed them that we were running late! Instead of helping us, or even apologizing for their screw up, I was hung up on! My daughters and I were stranded after 12 hours of driving, and lost in a very scarey abandonded industrial area, with absolutely no idea where we were, where to go, or how to get out of the area! With the Grace of God we found our way to a gas station where we were told that it was not safe for us to just drive around in that area. They told us that we could use their parking lot to sleep in the car, and they'd keep an eye on us. They told us where to park so that the survillence camera could also watch the car! Needless to say, by the time we finally got on the ship, we were a mess! When we returned from our cruise, I called the corporate office. They were very apologetic, and told me that someone from the hotel would be calling, and that the hotel would be removing the room charge from my credit card. One week later, and still no calls from the hotel, and the charge is still on my credit card! I called the Corporate offices, again they were very apologetic. The Customer Servce Rep called the hotel and spoke with the property manager. The property manager offered NO APOLOGY. I was told by Customer Service that the room charge would be removed. We'll see!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Lag726,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to discuss this further with you to make sure this was resolved. We have sent you a private message to get more information. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Katie J
IHGCare
West Chester, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The front desk clerk was rude, ghetto an utter nightmare! There were prostitutes in the front, there was hair in my bathroom and the room smelled horrible! NEVER again!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Toshimi J,

Thank you for staying with us. I am deeply sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay.
I assure you that the safety and security of all our guests is of utmost concern to us.
I have sent you a private message in attempt to get more information about your stay.
I would like to discuss you concerns further and regain you trust in Holiday Inn Express.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We decided to stay overnight in New Orleans with our family on our way back from Florida, but didn't want to stay downtown. We were very pleased with the area where this hotel was. It seemed safe and less hectic than the areas closer to the center of town. The hotel was beautiful, very clean, and quiet. Loved everything about it. The hot breakfast was fantastic, with lots of variety.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Just wanted to send a special thank you for the wonderful customer service reps especially Preselyn ... She was awesome. She went out her way to make sure everything was great each day. She always had a friendly conversation and greeted us by name... That's a big plus!!! We stayed in the double suite and was very spacious for the four of us.
Thanks for making us feel at home.. We wil most definitely be back. Ms.K.Garner

• Stayed March 2012
Guam, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Pros: Free parking, not too far a drive from most of the city's highlights and features, very spacious room (included a separate living room with coffee table and pull-out couch), very quiet (even though, as many reviewers mentioned, the hotel faces both an abandoned hotel and the highway, it was still very quiet), toiletries provided (mouthwash, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, emery boards, cotton balls, and cotton swabs, shower cap), two flat-screen TVs, lots of lighting, nice gym, actually had a exhaust fan in the bathroom (a lot of places don't), lots of storage place (shelving, several hangers, large closet with plenty of room for suitcases), included additional sheets and blankets in the closet, free wireless, express check-out service, cookies at the front desk all the time, free breakfast

Cons: inconsistent housekeeping, tiny pool, small pillows, not much to do, see, or eat in the immediate vicinity, gym only has one elliptical, one treadmill, and no free weights

Overall, I was pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East? Share your experiences!