“Satisfactory Guaranteed.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
2517 Chartres Street, New Orleans, LA 70117 (Bywater)   |
Ranked #51 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Satisfactory Guaranteed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I came to Nawlins for a birthday get-a-way, and booked this BB the night before. What attracted me to this BB was that it had a budget-friendly room for the average passerby, which was me and that was for only $60. Surprisingly when I got checked in and was shown my room, I was upgraded to the room across the hall which was bigger and more space. That was an automatic plus. I had no problems with the proprietor as many have after reading several of the poor reviews. He helped me by allowing me to print off my tickets for the football game. The pool and hot tub were cool although I didn't use either because I was out on the town, I would've loved to, maybe next time. The location isn't PERFECT, due to parking and the 15-20 minute walk to the quarter, which I'm not complaining, but the location is ok. Overall I give this place a solid B. I wouldn't mind returning in the near future.

Room Tip: All upstairs rooms have to share a bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Covington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My sisters and several other friends and family stayed for a long weekend at the Lions Inn B&B, and it was terrific. Rooms were lovely, the pool was great, and the wine and cheese (and soft drinks) in the evenings was a nice break in the day. As some have noted, the food was not fancy (no beignets, chicory coffee, omelets, quiches, etc.), but that worked well for the group.
Chatres Street is a great location, we walked into the French Quarter and back a couple of times a day, including after dark, with no concerns.
It was a great value for our group. Thanks!

Room Tip: Whichever room you're in, keep the AC on and the door closed if it's warm outside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed in the 3 bed self-catering apartment ("Marigny Apartment B" on the website) with my wife, 3 month old child and two other couples who had a 11 month old and a 16 month old. We stayed for a week and all thought the apartment was great. The neighbourhood was perfect for us; very relaxed and slightly alternative with a 10 minute stroll to Frenchman or 20 mins to the Quarter. The apartment had all we needed (except perhaps a dining table but I'm not sure there's room for one) including WiFi which isn't clear from the website. The B&B owner is super friendly and left us to it. On the one occasion we needed to speak to him he was very quick to respond. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed here and cannot speak highly enough about Ed. He is simply a pleasant person to have as a host. He makes you feel welcome & not invaded. We had the fortune of having most of the outside space all week having booked three rooms. The pool is fantastic as is all the backyard. It feels as though there are no neighbors. Wish I were still there. ..

• Stayed July 2013
Powell, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This B&B in the Marigny section of NOLA is, quite simply, the only place you need to stay. Forget the corporate cookie-cutter hotels. Don't worry about the overpriced, under-attentive accommodations that you can get in any city. Simply book your home at the LIons inn B&B.

You will find, as I did, that the Inn itself is an attraction to be savored. Sitting outside by the pool in the lush, beautiful garden after an evening on Bourbon Street is a joy you need to experience. The relaxation is unmatched, and you feel refreshed.

The rooms are very nice, well maintained and clean. The service is top-rate, and the location couldn't be any better. Close enough to walk, far enough to experience peace.

Do yourself a favor and book your next visit to New Orleans at the Lions Inn. In fact, if you decide to pass on staying there, take a moment while in the city and visit it. You will see the error of your ways!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that has a private bath, and by the pool for best morning views!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for three nights last week. This was my second stay at the Lion's Inn and it won't be my last. I love this place. The pool area is awesome. You feel like you are in a secluded tropical resort. Ed is very nice and makes you feel comfortable, even when you are invading his kitchen for breakfast. Ha. And, speaking of breakfast, the selection is great. Boiled eggs, bagels, fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast, juice, coffee and more. We met some wonderful people here from all over the world and spent rexlaxing afternoons with them at the pool and the 5:00 wine and cheese hour. It is a short walk to Frenchmen Street and the French Quarter or an inexpensive cab ride if you are too hot or tired to walk. We found some great restaurants and clubs in the area, as well as a fairly large market. I have lived in New Orleans and also stayed in a lot of B & Bs and hotels there and this is one of my favorites. If you decide on the Lion's Inn, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room one, which opens onto the pool area, is great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Crowley, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary and had not really been on a trip together alone (other than to see family) since our honeymoon. We took advantage of our kids' spending the summer with their grandmother to get away for a few days by ourselves. This was the perfect trip! The Lion's Inn was charming and had everything we needed. I enjoyed my time at the B&B as much as the time we spent exploring New Orleans. Ed was a fabulous host, seeing that all of our needs were taken care of, but never getting in the way. We had a fantastic time and would absolutely recommend this sweet little oasis to anyone! The location is ideal, too. We were able to park our car at the inn and walk all over the French Quarter. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We were in Room 1, which has a view of the pool. It was fantastic!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!