We stayed for five nights in the patio suite in April 2013. We travelled to New Orleans to attend the wedding of a friend so we chose the B&B because it is close to our friend's house. The B&B website does not do this place justice.
It is on Magazine Street in the garden district which is the best place to stay if you don't want to be right in the French Quarter all the time. It's quiet, safe(er) and is in the middle of a great restaurant and shopping district. In short, perfect location for exploring the city.
The suite had very high ceilings, huge rooms, a comfortable queen bed and a kitchenette. The patio suite opens on to the amazing back yard which is very private and a lovely place to rest between outings. The suite was very clean and well kept. There was little noise transfer from the other suites in the house which was not what we expected from such an old house. There is air conditioning/heating near the bed. The washroom was small (for tall people like us) but adequate. It is build into the under-stair area of the house so the ceiling is treacherously low on one side, especially if you have been immersing yourself in the culture of the city and return home a bit tipsy.
Breakfast was standard continental self-serve which suited us just fine. It was just perfect to get going in the morning!
The owners were very pleasant and attentive.
I would absolutely recommend this B&B. It would be especially suited for anyone who wants to experience a classier view of New Orleans than the French Quarter alone has to offer.
- Also Known As:
- Garden District Bed And Breakfast
- Garden District Hotel New Orleans
- Garden District Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hello from Garden District B&B. We reopened on September 29, 2005. Many restaurants, coffee shops, and other stores on Magazine St have also opened and are walking distance from the B&B. There was no flooding in the Garden District and the neighborhood looks great. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Garden District B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.