We were three guys looking for a suite with two beds and a sofabed. I looked everywhere and based on regularly being in the top 15 reviewed hotels in New Orleans on Tripadvisor (and after reading reviews on several other websites), plus it's location, I picked the Country Inn & Suites.
The lobby is very pretty. Everyone at the front desk were professional and friendly. The breakfast buffet was slightly above average for a free hotel bkfst, but the staff tried to clear it before the closing time and seemed put off when anyone asked for something already put away.
1) This is a historic warehouse building. I was expecting a room with character, but got what looked like a typical budget hotel room.
2) The living room had no exterior window and the bedroom had a tiny window that didn't open so the room was dark.
3) While the beds were great, the sleeper sofa was terrible.
4) OK, how to say this? When any of us pooped, the toilet got stuffed. No matter how little nor if we even gave a courtesy flush. We called the front desk and someone would come up with a plunger or snake. THIS HAPPENED EVERY TIME!!!!
THREE PEOPLE HAD TO LIVE IN A DARK ROOM THAT SMELLED LIKE FECES FOR DAYS!!!!
They were going to move us after 2 days but maintenance said there was no need because he was going to snake the toilet while we were out. It didn't help and we twice had a stuffed toilet the last 24 hours. THAT'S GROSS!!! Finally, we tried to use the lobby toilet but it was also clogged at the time.
We complained repeatedly and there was no offer of compensation and barely an apology. How can a hotel let there guests live this way? It's inexcusable!
SHAME ON THE COUNTRY INN & SUITES.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Carlson, Travelocity, Venere, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, HotelsClick, EasyToBook, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.