We stayed two nights at the Country Inn & Suites in early April as a weekend getaway. It's located just 2.5 blocks off Canal street, which will get you anywhere in the French Quarter you want to go. We literally handed our keys to the valet when we arrived on Friday afternoon and walked everywhere until we checked out on Sunday morning.
Check-in was easy and the lobby area is nice and bright. You pass the bar and little breakfast eating area on the way to the elevators, making it convenient. (Free breakfast in the mornings, which would be great if you were pinching pennies or with a family. We chose to eat out both mornings, so I can't speak to the quality of the food.) There's also a small courtyard just off this area with tables and chairs and a small plunge pool. From what they told us, the hotel is made up of several old warehouse buildings renovated to make one big CI&S -- which made it a tad confusing to find our room, but the cleaning lady pointed us in the right direction.
The rooms, although not overly large, were perfect for our needs (and clean!) -- just a place to leave our suitcases, shower and sleep. We were on the back side of the hotel so our room looked out over the valet lot and some apartment buildings, but when you're in the middle of the city, you can't expect much more than that. The bathroom was just fine as well.
We booked our room for $120 a night, which was a good deal for the quality of the overall hotel and the rooms, especially being so close to the Quarter. Everything in the Quarter that I saw was much more expensive. This hotel is a great choice if you're not dead-set on being in the Quarter and you need something affordable. We'd definitely stay here again on a trip back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Carlson, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, BookIt.com, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn