I just returned from a 5 night (Feb.15-20th) girls’ getaway in New Orleans. I chose Country Inn and Suites because of the reviews on this site. I was very happy with my choice. This hotel doesn’t feel like a chain. The old warehouses have been restored to create a beautiful atmosphere.
I booked a standard double queen room through Travelocity. We actually only stayed in that room for one night (room 326). The room was sufficient. Beds were comfortable. The noise from the garbage truck did wake up my two friends early the first morning. I had a pair of earplugs in and heard nothing.
The next day we were upgraded to a queen suite (room 302), free of charge. The front desk was concerned about heavy rains (which never came) and a possible leak in our room. We were very happy to upgrade to the bigger room. Our new room was spacious with separate living room w/microwave and mini-fridge. Again the beds were comfy and the noise was minimal. My only complaint was that not all the channels in the bedroom TV set came in clear. They were grainy and the color was distorted on a few channels. The living room TV was fine. I appreciated the free wi-fi, though it is common in most hotels.
The people who we dealt with at check-in/out were very helpful and friendly. When we called down for some extra blankets and towels the staff was quick to respond. Both the bartender and the concierge were very friendly. I also spoke with Karen in the reservation dept. prior to our arrival. She was kind enough to fix an error that was made when booking through Travelocity. Everyone at this hotel was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay.
Breakfast was standard, but enough. There were some eggs and make your own waffles. There were also danishes, English muffins, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, etc. The coffee machine was accessible 24 hrs. a day. It was nice to be able to sit outside in the pool area or at extended lobby area at breakfast. Though, the pool area seemed to be a place were all the smokers seemed to congregate.
The bar served light snacks and a variety of beer and cocktails. The bar had 4 happy hour specials, none of which were vegetarian.
The three of us were extremely happy with the location of the hotel. . The neighborhood felt very safe. We were within 2-3-block walk of the French Quarter, 2 blocks of Harrah’s and the Riverwalk. We were only about a 15-minute walk to Bourbon Street and 5-7 minute walk to the streetcar stops. The location was also ideal during our stay for the beginning of Mardi Gras. We were able to see a bunch of parades and the hotel was only a 1-2 block walk to the route.
We were extremely happy with the choice in hotels. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again on another trip to New Orleans. I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone looking for a convenient location and good service without paying an arm and a leg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Carlson, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn