First and foremost there is a hidden fee in the form of a required deposit. My party and I had reserved 2 rooms, and each of us wanted to pay for our rooms with cash and leave a credit card on file for any incidentals. An actual credit card, not a debit card. We were told that a hold would be placed on the card for $30 per day of our stay. This is odd to me. I travel often for work, and I have never had to place an actual deposit for a room. Typically, just placing the card on file is sufficient (after it's verified to be a valid card, of course). This is the only time this has occurred and I was not happy. I double checked the website after checking in and did not see anything advising of this deposit requirement. Second, the rooms are quite small and not what was represented on the website. Granted, I realize that the perspective in the online photos makes it somewhat difficult to gauge the dimensions of the room, but they appear to be taken in such a manner to be intentionally deceiving. Further, the King Guest Room pictured on the website shows a much larger room than than one we were provided. Several of the staff who appeared to be directly tasked with interfacing with guests only spoke Spanish. Normally, I wouldn't take issue with this, but someone who is standing in the breakfast room should be able to answer questions in the most language that those questions are most likely to be asked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Carlson, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn