“Field Trip Gold Mine” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Lake Providence, Louisiana, United States
“Field Trip Gold Mine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Each year I bring my students to the WWII Museum in New Orleans. We also visit several other notable sites in New Orleans. We always stay at Country Inn and Suites on Magazine. They are centrally located and therefore are within walking distance of all of our sites. The staff is always very accommodating and the free breakfast is awesome! The rooms are so comfortable and perfect for a big group.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Great to hear you keep having fantastic experiences. Hopefully you get to bring your students back to New Orleans again soon! I know a lot of people do not associate the city as child friendly, but there are SO MANY great child friendly activities within walking distance of the hotel.

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

It's an old building with a funky layout. I had room 410 for a six night stay, which consisted of a sitting room with a window that overlooked a terraced walkway (think Motel 6) but the bedroom had no window at all. I almost balked at staying there. Glad I didn't. This is perhaps one of the best stays I've EVER had at a hotel. Although my window looked out on the walkway which overlooks an open atrium to the first floor I rarely heard any noise. I thought I would feel claustrophobic in the windowless bedroom but instead I felt like I was sleeping in a cocoon. It was complete silence and fresh air circulated through the air conditioner. I had six nights of heavenly sleep. The bathroom is nicely appointed with excellent water pressure and a bathtub that quickly drains the water. There are two LG flat screen TV's with top tier channels that more sophisticated hotels do not offer. And the best thing of all is their FREE Wi-Fi connection is FANTASTIC. It's super fast. Watch a movie on Netflix, surf Youtube, check email ALL AT THE SAME TIME and never loose connection or slows down. I was blown away with the Wi-Fi. I was there on business and was actually able to get work done.

Can I stop raving now? No way! The employees were fantastic. Sabrina Dabney, the Front Office Manager and the rest of the staff, including the Bellhops were extremely friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make accommodations.

Some drawbacks (if you can call them that) was the free breakfast is not impressive or tasty. But being in New Orleans who wants to eat free hotel breakfast when there is the amazing Ruby Slipper Cafe restaurant across the street.

Another minor issue was some problems with cleanliness which I addressed to management but nothing that should deter you from staying at this superior hotel.

After my stay here I moved to the Sheraton around the corner on Canal street for the rest of my stay in New Orleans and it cannot begin to compare to the Country Inn.

If you are looking for glitz and shiny things that go bling-bling then stay at one of the more expensive hotels in the area. But if you are looking for a top notch stay then this is your place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. It's quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Glad to hear you were impressed! While some initially have hesitations about the handful of rooms that overlook the atrium - we often hear similar feedback about it being such a great night sleep. We really try to think of everything and I am glad to hear it all worked out great for you - from the employees going the extra mile to the wi-fi exceeding expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Hopefully you get to come back and stay with us again soon!
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location. We walked EVERYWHERE, but were far enough away from Bourbon Street to not hear the noise or smell the smells. Entire staff was pleasant, helpful & went out of their ways to assist us. If they overheard us talking about going somewhere, they would stop us & give us explicit directions. Cookies were out 24/7, literally. Room was a little small, but very clean & contained everything we needed. Absolutely would stay here next time I go to NOLA.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We love seeing all the positive reviews, and really enjoy hearing that we have met or exceeded the high standards that they are setting. Providing a great New Orleans experience for all our guests is our number 1 priority. Hopefully that next trip ends up being soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have traveled to New Orleans several times throughout the years and have yet to stay in a hotel which I thought I would return to. Until now. I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites while I was in town for a wedding and absolutely loved my stay! Breakfast is included which is probably why the room rate is about $10 more expensive than surrounding hotels, but it's totally worth it considering that breakfast out at a restaurant for 2 will be over $30/day. The rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Quarter in a safe area and there's a security guard at the door after dark ensuring that people are quiet when they come back late and that they do belong there (you need to show a room key). The hotel staff was courteous and professional and managed the logistics of our entire family's stay. Some people had to switch from a room to a suite towards the end of the week, and the staff moved all our luggage while we were sight-seeing. Most other hotels would have you stash it behind the front desk. I'm relieved that I'll never have to agonize over which hotel to stay in when visiting New Orleans!

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 adults staying in the room, I suggest a suite. There is a pullout couch with...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Great to hear the weekend went well and we will hopefully be seeing you again soon! We know how important time with your friends and family is, and definitely want to go the extra mile to make sure you get the most of it when you are visiting. Thanks for taking the time to share the review!
Namur, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The place is lovely being a skilfully transformed factory. Staff is very kind and helpful. The rooms are large and well equipped with en-suite bathroom (tub) and fast wifi for free.
The breakfast is nice and you can get all the food you wish, hot or cold, including items I would eat for lunch or dinner.
The location is just away from the French quarter and the more busy districts. However the interesting bits from New Orleans are just a few steps away.
Good running is available on the Magazine street and the St-Charles avenue. Try also the Elysean fields or just get lost in the French quarter with your jogging.
TIP: If you wish to modify a multi-day booking, do it at the hotel for free, instead of spending 25$ with booking.com

LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Its easy to see why this hotel has gotten such high ratings. A small "boutique" hotel just a few blocks from the busy french quarter this hotel is worth every penny and is a bargain at that. Accomodations and staff were excellent. Small room with huge and most comfortable bed. Excellent free breakfast daily and the best cookies ever always available in the lobby. Small exercise room but was empty whenever I went at around 4pm. Heather and Rochelle at the front desk were most accomdatiing and friendly to every request. You can't beat the two ladies at the Concierge desk, they knew everything there was to know. Would return here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Great to hear you had a perfect stay. We really appreciate you taking the time to share on Trip Advisor! Hopefully you get to make that return trip again soon!
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel for an annual reunion of guys (and their wives) who were in the military together back in the late 60's. It was a challenge to find a hotel that was in a good location and that offered a reasonable rate over the weekend. All the other hotels that I checked increased their rates dramatically for the weekend....this one did not. I felt responsible to find a hotel that was within everyone's budget and that they would be happy with. Well, I am glad to say that everyone was very pleased with this hotel. The word "Value" kept coming up. Nine couples stayed for three or four nights and my husband and I stayed six nights.

I can say without hesitation that every staff member was extremely friendly and accommodating. I don't remember "everyone" being so ready and eager to assist at other hotels we've stayed at. Regardless of who was at the front desk, we were assisted immediately with a smile. I dealt mostly with one concierge...that was Valerie. She is very efficient, patient and she does not seem to have her own agenda. She explained all options and let us decide what worked best for us (tours, shopping, etc.)

This is a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" type hotel. When I set up the block of rooms with the sales office, the way Jonathon described everything and the way our agreement was explained was exactly as it was. No surprises. The description and photos shown on the hotel's website accurately depict the hotel. The location is great.....2 1/2 blocks from Canal street which is the border of the French Quarter. It is quiet in this location yet very close to all the action. The river, Harrah's and other sites are all within a short walk. We had no need for a car or even a taxi during our stay (except for the trips to and from the airport).

Taking into consideration the rates at this hotel, the value is great.....

The breakfast served each morning is quite good....a variety of food ...both cold and hot. The staff tending to the breakfast area do a good job .... only once when there had just been a big rush at the buffet did we have to wait a few minutes for a new tray of eggs to be brought out.

The lounge area and lobby area are very nice and comfortable...clean and neat at all times. The lounge was great for conversation and drinks during happy hour. Several snack type foods are also available....very convenient.

Our room was what I would call "very nice". This is not a luxury hotel so the room was as expected.....clean, nicely furnished and decorated ... even spacious...with a microwave and a mini fridge.

Bottom line, this hotel accommodated our every need. One evening, we were trying to decide on a place for the group to meet (24 of us) to vote on our destination for next year's reunion. We had not arranged to rent a meeting room because we only required 30-40 minutes. Lynn was kind enough to offer us the use of a small meeting room that was available at no charge. That saved the day for us. Another point....there were three couples who did not stay at this hotel (rented a house). The morning we were all to say our good-byes, my husband inquired at the front desk if these three couples could join us for breakfast and he was told an emphatic yes. I wonder if other hotels would allow that?

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given room 138. It is on the ground level at the very back of th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear you had a fantastic stay! I know everyone from sales to the front office, and all the behind the scenes staff genuinely try hard to create great guest experiences. We think it is VERY important to give a fair depiction of our hotel in our descriptions, and thank you for contributing to that for guests trying to decide where to stay.

Hopefully you get to return and stay with us again soon!

Been to Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter? Share your experiences!