“Great Value, Great Service, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Great Value, Great Service, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel for an annual reunion of guys (and their wives) who were in the military together back in the late 60's. It was a challenge to find a hotel that was in a good location and that offered a reasonable rate over the weekend. All the other hotels that I checked increased their rates dramatically for the weekend....this one did not. I felt responsible to find a hotel that was within everyone's budget and that they would be happy with. Well, I am glad to say that everyone was very pleased with this hotel. The word "Value" kept coming up. Nine couples stayed for three or four nights and my husband and I stayed six nights.

I can say without hesitation that every staff member was extremely friendly and accommodating. I don't remember "everyone" being so ready and eager to assist at other hotels we've stayed at. Regardless of who was at the front desk, we were assisted immediately with a smile. I dealt mostly with one concierge...that was Valerie. She is very efficient, patient and she does not seem to have her own agenda. She explained all options and let us decide what worked best for us (tours, shopping, etc.)

This is a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" type hotel. When I set up the block of rooms with the sales office, the way Jonathon described everything and the way our agreement was explained was exactly as it was. No surprises. The description and photos shown on the hotel's website accurately depict the hotel. The location is great.....2 1/2 blocks from Canal street which is the border of the French Quarter. It is quiet in this location yet very close to all the action. The river, Harrah's and other sites are all within a short walk. We had no need for a car or even a taxi during our stay (except for the trips to and from the airport).

Taking into consideration the rates at this hotel, the value is great.....

The breakfast served each morning is quite good....a variety of food ...both cold and hot. The staff tending to the breakfast area do a good job .... only once when there had just been a big rush at the buffet did we have to wait a few minutes for a new tray of eggs to be brought out.

The lounge area and lobby area are very nice and comfortable...clean and neat at all times. The lounge was great for conversation and drinks during happy hour. Several snack type foods are also available....very convenient.

Our room was what I would call "very nice". This is not a luxury hotel so the room was as expected.....clean, nicely furnished and decorated ... even spacious...with a microwave and a mini fridge.

Bottom line, this hotel accommodated our every need. One evening, we were trying to decide on a place for the group to meet (24 of us) to vote on our destination for next year's reunion. We had not arranged to rent a meeting room because we only required 30-40 minutes. Lynn was kind enough to offer us the use of a small meeting room that was available at no charge. That saved the day for us. Another point....there were three couples who did not stay at this hotel (rented a house). The morning we were all to say our good-byes, my husband inquired at the front desk if these three couples could join us for breakfast and he was told an emphatic yes. I wonder if other hotels would allow that?

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given room 138. It is on the ground level at the very back of th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Glad to hear you had a fantastic stay! I know everyone from sales to the front office, and all the behind the scenes staff genuinely try hard to create great guest experiences. We think it is VERY important to give a fair depiction of our hotel in our descriptions, and thank you for contributing to that for guests trying to decide where to stay.

Hopefully you get to return and stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Vasteras, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with two friends, for 4 nights around Independence day. The service and especially the staff in the reception was outstanding. The room was of smaller size being American standard but it was clean and tidy. There's a complimentary breakfast which is good compared to the standard of many American hotel breakfasts. But be aware that you have to be at the breakfast area quite early to have a nice and quiet morning meal due to that it tends to be crowded. All in all this was a very good hotel situated in a good location with walking distance to most of the things you would like to experience in New Orleans as a tourist. I would gladly stay here again if I return to New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

It is one of the best hotels I have stayed at! Extremely good location for French Quarter and Riverfront Park. Only a block from New Orleans Tram. An exceptional service, and friendly stuff. We had a nice Mini Suite, while I was reading book in the bedroom, my husband could watch some T.V in entrance room. I loved the unique decor of the lobby, with exposes beams. The exercise room was nice, with a view to the pool and garden. The breakfast was a great way to start the day. The only downfall was the breakfast room, which was a bit small and crowded.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Rancho Mirage, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 7pm for fully paid months in advance reservation to not have room type available. Requested king SOLD OUT. Desk clerk had no idea what to say. Requested quiet room--first morning 4am garbage collection in alleyway off room, second day some sort of drilling at 6am. Breakfast room swamped with people, no yogurt containers, just bowl of one yogurt. Sanitation? Food always running out. Coffee passable, many are not. Convenient, AC worked excellently, maintained well.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel has separate parts that can only be accessed by Elevators 1, 2, and 3. It is quite confusing which elevator services which rooms. Also, the elevators are so small that the valet luggage cart barely fits and is quite difficult to get out of the elevator because of lack of space and because the elevator opens one direction to go up and the other direction to get off. There is very little room to "park" a car to check-in and out. It costs $28.00 per night to park. The room was very large but in dire need of painting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower levels to avoid the elevator nightmare that services the 4R floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I apologize for any inconvenience with the elevator. With historic buildings, there is one section that would, without the extra elevator, require a short staircase to reach. We definitely try to make it as convenient as possible and have the elevator stop on both the top or bottom side of the stairs so if anyone has accessibility issues, or lots of baggage they do not have to deal with any steps at all. I know its a little bit out of the ordinary, but hopefully it made sense and ran smoothly as your stay progressed. If not, we would appreciate hearing more from you and maybe you could let us know if there is anything we could do to better explain it. We would hate for something added for convenience to be inconvenient!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - we really appreciate the review!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I have been going to New Orleans for many years. We have found a place that is in the perfect location, excellent staff and quiet!! We were on the third floor-never heard any of our neighbors or street noise!! Easy walking distance to quarter BUT not in the quarter plus very easy to get public transportation to other areas of New Orleans. Great restaurants, again within walking distance.
I recommend this hotel with no reservations and will most certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors and away from elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Came here for 4 nights and was pleasantly surprised on how close it is to everything (french quarter, canal st, bourbon st) without being right in the centre, the hotel lobby was stunning - exposed beams, large comfy chairs (looked a bit like a turn of the century palour room - really lovely! Check in was fast. There was free fresh baked cookies on the desk that you just helped yourself to every time you passed!!! Fantastic idea!! Our room was cosy and beds very comfy. Slight gripe was noise travels from the lobby up (it's like a mezzanine up to the roof - very striking and beautiful but a touch annoying when people are sitting having either a late night drink or early brekky!!!)
Every single person I encountered was friendly and willing to help, the brekky staff excellent. The complimentary brekky was good - perhaps rather than a fruit salad with pretty much melon (which I personally hate) maybe some whole pieces - ie a banana or apple? I ended up buying my own banana and having with the yoghurt and granola (yummy) tea and coffee were available all day - another little perk!!
My only real annoyance was I pre booked a taxi for the airport ride with the guys out the front, it either never arrived or it was given to a family that were outside just before us, and the guy didn't have the booking sheet??!! so we had to wait for another one - which although didn't take too long was annoying and a bit stressful for me (I'm a worrier when I need to be places at a certain time) ...
Otherwise a great stay - concierge Dennis and batman John great guys!!! Will recommend this place and if ever back this way would stay again!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter? Share your experiences!