My husband and I chose this hotel for an annual reunion of guys (and their wives) who were in the military together back in the late 60's. It was a challenge to find a hotel that was in a good location and that offered a reasonable rate over the weekend. All the other hotels that I checked increased their rates dramatically for the weekend....this one did not. I felt responsible to find a hotel that was within everyone's budget and that they would be happy with. Well, I am glad to say that everyone was very pleased with this hotel. The word "Value" kept coming up. Nine couples stayed for three or four nights and my husband and I stayed six nights.
I can say without hesitation that every staff member was extremely friendly and accommodating. I don't remember "everyone" being so ready and eager to assist at other hotels we've stayed at. Regardless of who was at the front desk, we were assisted immediately with a smile. I dealt mostly with one concierge...that was Valerie. She is very efficient, patient and she does not seem to have her own agenda. She explained all options and let us decide what worked best for us (tours, shopping, etc.)
This is a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" type hotel. When I set up the block of rooms with the sales office, the way Jonathon described everything and the way our agreement was explained was exactly as it was. No surprises. The description and photos shown on the hotel's website accurately depict the hotel. The location is great.....2 1/2 blocks from Canal street which is the border of the French Quarter. It is quiet in this location yet very close to all the action. The river, Harrah's and other sites are all within a short walk. We had no need for a car or even a taxi during our stay (except for the trips to and from the airport).
Taking into consideration the rates at this hotel, the value is great.....
The breakfast served each morning is quite good....a variety of food ...both cold and hot. The staff tending to the breakfast area do a good job .... only once when there had just been a big rush at the buffet did we have to wait a few minutes for a new tray of eggs to be brought out.
The lounge area and lobby area are very nice and comfortable...clean and neat at all times. The lounge was great for conversation and drinks during happy hour. Several snack type foods are also available....very convenient.
Our room was what I would call "very nice". This is not a luxury hotel so the room was as expected.....clean, nicely furnished and decorated ... even spacious...with a microwave and a mini fridge.
Bottom line, this hotel accommodated our every need. One evening, we were trying to decide on a place for the group to meet (24 of us) to vote on our destination for next year's reunion. We had not arranged to rent a meeting room because we only required 30-40 minutes. Lynn was kind enough to offer us the use of a small meeting room that was available at no charge. That saved the day for us. Another point....there were three couples who did not stay at this hotel (rented a house). The morning we were all to say our good-byes, my husband inquired at the front desk if these three couples could join us for breakfast and he was told an emphatic yes. I wonder if other hotels would allow that?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Carlson, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn