“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Came here for 4 nights and was pleasantly surprised on how close it is to everything (french quarter, canal st, bourbon st) without being right in the centre, the hotel lobby was stunning - exposed beams, large comfy chairs (looked a bit like a turn of the century palour room - really lovely! Check in was fast. There was free fresh baked cookies on the desk that you just helped yourself to every time you passed!!! Fantastic idea!! Our room was cosy and beds very comfy. Slight gripe was noise travels from the lobby up (it's like a mezzanine up to the roof - very striking and beautiful but a touch annoying when people are sitting having either a late night drink or early brekky!!!)
Every single person I encountered was friendly and willing to help, the brekky staff excellent. The complimentary brekky was good - perhaps rather than a fruit salad with pretty much melon (which I personally hate) maybe some whole pieces - ie a banana or apple? I ended up buying my own banana and having with the yoghurt and granola (yummy) tea and coffee were available all day - another little perk!!
My only real annoyance was I pre booked a taxi for the airport ride with the guys out the front, it either never arrived or it was given to a family that were outside just before us, and the guy didn't have the booking sheet??!! so we had to wait for another one - which although didn't take too long was annoying and a bit stressful for me (I'm a worrier when I need to be places at a certain time) ...
Otherwise a great stay - concierge Dennis and batman John great guys!!! Will recommend this place and if ever back this way would stay again!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Three blocks from Bourbon St two Blocks from Mothers,trams a block away? what more do you need? excellent hotel rooms clean, staff helpful and imfomative.had a great stay and wouls stay there again,loved New Orleans and the Southern Mospitality,this hotel showed all this and more

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Awesome - Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate the feedback. I see it was quite a long trip, but hopefully you get to return again soon!
Baton Rouge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stay here for a weekend getaway from Baton Rouge, la the hotel was nice staff was great the only bad thing was the room smelled like smoke and a refrigerator was dirty but beside that our stay was great I would recommend Country Inn to all my friends and my family

Stayed October 2013
Estero
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My family and I stay at this location when ever we are in New Orleans. It is not fancy but clean and safe. It is centrally located close to casino and all transportation as well as an easy walk to all the local attractions.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I loved New Orleans. Thought it was an amazing city with so much to do, wonderful food and music. My room was clean and comfortable and the location excellent, just a walk to most places. However, I was very disappointed with my experience there. We arrived early and our rooms were not ready, so we were told to leave our luggage with the valet. This we did. I had purchased some lovely artwork in Memphis for my son. My friend had also purchased some. I attached the artwork, which was in a large plastic bag, to my suitcase. When we returned to collect our bags, the artwork was gone. The hotel did not take responsibility, said it was the valet. The valet did not take responsibility, said it was the sub-contractor. Nobody was at all concerned at the loss and, each day of my stay there, I questioned the people concerned and received negative responses. They could care less. We flew home to Australia minus the artwork and with no compensation and no apologies. A sad case of neglect.

Room Tip: Do not leave anything with the valet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the troubles that you ran into during the stay. We are definitely concerned to hear that anything happened, and even more that it wasnt handled in a way that was satisfactory. I know that our Front Office Manager has been reaching out, trying to help sort out the issues and hopefully we can find an appropriate resolution! I am glad to hear that the city and trip otherwise went well.
Stowe, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

First time in Nola and very happy to have chosen the Country Inn and Suites. Excellent location, clean rooms, but most of all the staff go out of their way to welcome and help in any way. We were greeted at check in by Sabrina who went out of her way to meet a request. We worked with Valerie and Dennis at the concierge desk and both were extremely knowledgable and gave Great recommendations. Even if you are not a history buff visit the WWII museum a short walk on Magazine St.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Glad to hear you had a great stay! We definitely want everyone to have that special first impression when they come to New Orleans. The WWII Museum is a great recommendation - there are some fantastic museums and restaurants in that area that we cannot recommend enough and all are walking distance from the hotel.

Thanks for taking the time to share your review -- We really appreciate it! Hopefully you get to come back for another visit soon!
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night after fishing in Venice. We were thoroughly impressed with the decor, atmosphere, friendly staff and clean room. We were upgraded to a suite and would most definitely stay here again if we come back next year! Loved the location! As far as parking - their rates are comparable to other hotels in the area and it's just part of the expense you have to plan to pay when staying in a historical downtown hotel. I booked a combo package that discounted the valet parking - something to look into...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Great to hear you had a fantastic stay! Hopefully you do get to come back again next year! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and all those reading.

Been to Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter? Share your experiences!