“Great place in walking distance to the French Quarter” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Brüssel, Belgien
“Great place in walking distance to the French Quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Only stayed one night in this nice modern hotel close to the French Quarter in New Orleans. Loved the way they have built it into what seemed an old warehouse. Staff was great and they had some good advice where to go out on a monday night. Bed was comfy, too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Chicago Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

One of the best in New Orleans! First great location downtown quiet but only a short walk to casino and quarter. Lots of great restaurants in the area. Very nice loby in old warehouse building nice hallways and very nice pool though a little small. The rooms are very clean and nicely appointed very big flat screen. The free breakfast was very good too. The best thing about this hotel is the staff they are great all of them . This will be my New Orleans hotel from now on. Enough said!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Clinton, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the opportunity to host a dealer meeting for our factory. After calling around the Warehouse District for a hotel I thought of the Country Inn. It had been a year and half since my last stay. Quotes from the other hotels for a meeting room for 30 people was a little high but $5.00 for a Coke was over the top. Country Inn allows for you to bring your own catering or food and drinks. We had over 15 people stay at the hotel that were from Maine to Illinois. All were more than satisfied and all said they would come back to this hotel. Most of the arrangements were done by phone and Internet. The staff was fantastic to deal with and everything was good. I have stayed at many New Orleans Hotels and there are very few that would make want to return. I will be back and do recommend this hotel. As I said it had been over 18 months from my last visit and it was just like I remembered. Everything was clean, room was good and the free breakfast was tasty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to New Orleans for Halloween this year and wanted to be close to all the action of Bourbon Street and the rest of the French Quarter. This hotel is only a 10 minute walk in a safe part of town to Bourbon Street so it was perfect. The staff was very friendly and courteous. We wanted to go to the free breakfast, but after a night on the town there was no way that was happening. They even have a little shop with all kinds of good stuff to help your hangover if you should have one. Checkout was a breeze. The building is from the 1860's and has kept some of the old time flair with it's architecture. The room was very clean, had a nice selection of amenities, and had an awesome view. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had planned to stay two nights, but ended up visiting for three nights after Hurricane Sandy canceled our flight home. The hotel is in a perfect location, far enough from Bourbon Street so it is quiet when you want to sleep, yet close enough to walk to all the action. All the staff members were friendly and helpful. We had a great room with a hot breakfast for far less than other hotels in the area. I liked how they kept some of the historic interior of the building when converting it to a hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: For a better experience, request a room overlooking the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I visited for a wedding but it happened to be the same weekend that Voodoo Music Fest was going on. I tried to get a room at places I had stayed before but nothing was available. I booked the Country Inn & Suites not knowing anything about it. When I arrived in NO I stayed at another place the first couple of nights but drove by the hotel to see what it was like. It was in a nice area, it had good curb appeal, the building has that old New Orleans feel about it. I felt good about my decision. I checked in and it took all of 3 minutes, just long enough to enjoy some fresh cookies at the counter. The valet was a nice touch too. We had a king suite and the kids stayed on the pull out sofa in the main room. The room was clean and did not smell like smoke. My kids went to the pool and found that it was very warm, they loved that. Our room was super quiet probably due to the fact that there were no windows in the back bedroom. Hopefully you aren't claustrophobic. I slept like a baby and almost missed the free breakfast. Nice strong coffee, don't laugh.. I loved the oatmeal. We never had a complaint. My family left early and I stayed for a couple of more nights. I felt very safe staying there by myself. The boys at the valet were very nice and let me run in and out leaving my car in front a couple of times. We'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor. It was non smoking. You could not hear the elevator from room 409.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

First time to New Orleans.....We were pleasantly surprise. The hotel was clean and rooms very comfortable.... it is a few blocks from the craziness of the French Quarters. The hotel has a few sitting areas which turned out very nice for us to meet our friends for some wine and chips. the fresh cookies at the front desk were delish, breakfasts were good too. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I think we will be returning.

Room Tip: You might be more comfortable in a room that doesn't back the alley if you are a light sleeper...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter? Share your experiences!