We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites for a 3 day anniversary trip. I was extremely pleased with the hotel. The building isn't exactly luxurious, but it has more charm than the big newer hotels on Canal. It's a historic building and they've kept some of the original brick walls, beams, etc. The room was fairly small (not miniscule, just cozy), but in an old city I expect that. I had asked for a quieter room because I had heard the rooms near the atrium can get loud, and they accomodated with a room in the back. No noise problems whatsoever! The bed was reasonably comfortable, the bathroom had plenty of counter space, everything was clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone we encountered was great! They have a free daily breakfast buffet with your standard hotel food, though there was a bigger selection than you get in most free breakfast buffets. There is a TINY pool--just slightly bigger than a large hotel hot tub. Don't expect to swim laps (or sunbath as the pool is kind of shaded), but for a quick, cooling dip it's just fine. As for the hotel location, we thought it was great. It was a totally reasonable walk to the French Quarter (maybe 10 minutes to the start, and 15-20 to really get further in). It's convenient to the Canal streetcar and not too far from the line along the river, and you can get to several major bus lines easily. To be honest, I liked that things were a bit calmer in the CBD. The French Quarter is pretty crazy, and while it was fun I was happy our hotel wasn't like that! We also spent a lot of time in the CBD, and the Country Inn was quite convenient for that. The area felt safe too, safer than some of the blocks further into the CBD. Overall, I thought the Country Inn was a great value, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Carlson, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn