“Would stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Would stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Country Suites. We could walk to any location we wanted, the French Quarter, Canal Street, Riverwalk, Harrah's, not to mention all the good restaurants. We thought the free breakfast was good. The breakfast had hot food, fruit, muffins, waffles, oatmeal with toppings, yogurt, juices, dry cereal and more. Best of all coffee is available 24/7. There was always plenty of room to sit with the tables located outside the breakfast room. We are sorry we didn't take advantage of the food that can be ordered during Happy Hour at the bar. The suite was spacious and we liked the separate shower in the bathroom. We were on the first floor facing Magazine Street and the possible noise was not a problem. The staff was always courteous and ready to solve any problem (our only problem was our remote didn't have batteries). We felt safe walking back to the hotel after dark. Don't miss this unique downtown hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lisa-S-Camp, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Glad you had a great time in New Orleans! The breakfast was actually revamped this year with great new offerings. From biscuits and gravy to turkey bacon, the rotating hot items really include something for everyone. I like the make your own waffles (which are available every day) personally! It doesn't get much better than one of those in the outdoor courtyard area!

Thanks for taking the time to share the kind words. We hope you get a chance to come back to New Orleans soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
East Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

This hotel is in the heart of New Orleans.You can walk to french Quater,River Walk, Casino and Many of the best restraunts.This hotel was perfect for a long weekend in the Big Easy.All of hotel staff went out of thier way to make our stay as pleasant as possible.The front desk was great all that worked it.Very Good.This hotel will be my choice from now on,Once again I can not say enough about the staff there.

Room Tip: try not to get a room that has an R location (a little small) if you are offered a suite for $12 a n...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed at Country Inn and Suites while at a convention in November, 2011. It was not the convention hotel but was close and considerably less expensive. The location of the hotel is good, it is about 2 blocks from Canal Street and 4 blocks down from Bourbon St. The French Quarter is close as is the Warehouse District and, not much further, the Garden District.

Check in was quick and easy. Getting to my room was a little more difficult. I was on the 3rd floor and had to go up and down (after taking the elevator to the 3rd floor) 3 sets of short stairs to get to my room, bags in tow. This was inconvenient. I found a closer elevator later, which required only one set of steps, but still annoying.
The room, with a single king size bed, was small but very clean. The television was at an odd angle and thus difficult to see, but I didn't watch much so it didn't bother me.
My first morning I signed off on "no room cleaning" because I had work to do and didn't want to be disturbed. I went out for lunch and when I came back somebody had cleaned the room anyway, and that was bothersome. I also don't understand why hotels put out the "save the environment" cards regarding towels and linens, I returned towels to the towel-bar, but they were changed anyway. Really don't need the greenwashing.
The hotel advertises free breakfast; I went once and it wasn't good. Micro-waved bacon and not very good biscuits and gravy. Far too many great restaurants in NOLA to bother with the b-fast here.
Price included internet, which I appreciate.

Overall, and for the price it is a fine place to stay and my wife and I will be staying there when we go down in December.

Cheers

Room Tip: Many parts of the hotel are not accessible, I assume there are accessible rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

this hotel is so close to walking everywhere - we never took a cab, except to and from to airport, we walked everywhere even to mardi gras museum and if you look at the map it is far away and the river is close to walk too -

Room Tip: call before you go - i was to get a room with 2 Q - it wasn't there when i got there but they di...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

The location was very good for access to the French Quarter. I was only there one night so I wanted to check out the area. I walked all the way to Bourbon St. and back with no problem. The hotel is about half a block from the next busy street, close enough to walk around but no problem with noise.
The valet and bell staff were quick to help me at all times. I think valet is the only option due to the city. The manager, front desk and concierge were also helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Lisa-S-Camp, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for your review! Our central location does lend itself to hitting a lot of great sites, even if you only have a short stay. We are right in the middle of it all - Within minutes you can get to the Quarter, Superdome, Casino, Riverwalk, WWII museum, and even the streetcar! Glad that everything lived up to your expectations. Hopefully next time you get to stay a little bit longer!
Burlington, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Wonderful location and staff. The building is amazing when you think about how they renovated it. Breakfast was a great addition. We were pleased with our choice to stay here- would definately return to this hotel

Room Tip: The king size room was tiny. Not a huge deal as we were not in it often
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lisa-S-Camp, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Glad you had a great trip to New Orleans. As you note - the buildings renovations are pretty amazing. Being 7 historic buildings that have been preserved throughout the renovations, every room can be a little bit different with regards to size and floorplan. The architects really did a great job keeping the traditional aspects while making sure the spaces are comfortable!

Thanks for writing, and we hope you do get to return soon!
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I was in New Orleans for a conference at the Marriott, but didn't want to pay the cost for rooms reserved in that hotel. This hotel was about 2 blocks away and was great. The service was outstanding, the price was right (it event included a good breakfast), good location with lots of attractions in walking distance or you could catch the trolly quickly. The hotel was lovely and rooms were very attractive and clean. Our only problem was the remote was gone and the new one didn't want to work, but then again I wasn't there to watch tv. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The bartender was great, so funny and friendly even when we weren't buying drinks. I would stay there again in a heartbeat and would not hesitate to recommend a friend.

Room Tip: We were on first floor by the alley and it was quiet. There was a service door that was close and yo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Glad to hear you had a great stay. The location is great for business or leisure (or a little bit of both!) - and it sounds like you got to take advantage of that. I can't say I know what happened with the TV remote, but I do know that all rooms were recently upgraded to brand new LCD TV's, so the troubleshooting hiccup might have been a result of not having dealt with that particular problem before!

Thank you for taking the time to share - We definitely appreciate the recommendation!

Been to Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter? Share your experiences!