“Delicious BBQ inspired by cajun flavors” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 1,514 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Providing the Mid-City area of New Orleans with craft BBQ and homemade sides!
Massachusetts
“Delicious BBQ inspired by cajun flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We did not mean to eat here; Chickie Wah Wah was near where we were staying so we walked over for dinner after checking in the first night. We were hungry after a long flight with a layover from New England so we wanted food, a good hearty meal and quick. There were conflicting opinions online on whether Chickie Wah Wah serves pizza or BBQ, but it seemed to be open and nearby so off we went. When we walked in, there was a service window on the right to order food. The staff was super quick and efficient in taking our order and although there is no wait service, we got our food brought to our table fairly quickly. We had pulled pork, shrimp, and bread pudding. The shrimp was spicy (I loved it, it was a bit much for my friend), the pulled pork was one of the best I've ever had, and the bread pudding was comforting and moist, with the right amount of crunch. Really good food, really good value. Go check it out!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Canada
“Best Meal in NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

So glad I found this place on tripadvisor!!! They have recently opened up inside the Chickie Wah Wah Bar. I can not even describe how yummy the food is. All of the meats are smoked and so delicious. The sides are also amazing, loved the macaroni and cheese and the Brussels Sprouts are a must try, absolutely delish! This is not located in the touristy area, but is a simple ride up the Canal Street Cable Car. Highly recommend for something different in New Orleans. Will be back!

Visited July 2014
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I stopped by here on our way to the City Park and we both enjoyed a delicious BBQ pulled pork sandwich. The staff was friendly and helpful and I would definitely eat here again next time I visit New Orleans.

• Visited July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Blue Oak BBQ is delicious!! Service is top notch and the menu selections are excellent. Good BBQ can be really hard to come by in New Orleans but these guys do a fantastic job. Along with traditional items, they're constantly featuring creative specials that you wont find anywhere else. They go out of their way to make sure you're pleased with your order and you get it for a very fair price. You can tell they're really passionate about the food they're making and it comes through in the quality and consistency they produce. Check out Blue Oak BBQ, you wont regret it!

• Visited June 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“I give this place five green circles.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This place does a great job of covering all the BBQ basics while still adding some unique items to the menu. Every time I go here I have to get the egg rolls and brussels sprouts. They are just too good to pass up. I enjoy the wings and pulled pork sandwich a lot too. Really you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The happy hour and game specials are just icing on the cake!

• Visited July 2014