“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Petite Grocery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,627 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: General Pershing
Transit: The St. Charles Ave. Streetcar is a short walk to the restaurant. There are also Magazine Street bus stops located one block away.
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Loved our dining experience at La Petite Grocery. Lots of great shared plates that work well for groups. The restaurant was bigger than I expected so it wasn't as cozy as I had hoped but the ambiance was energetic and lively. It was definitely worth leaving the French Quarter to have a dinner here.

You absolutely must get the crab beignets - they are AMAZING... still thinking about them.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Denver, Colorado
“So good...so good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I kicked off our anniversary trip to New Orleans with dinner at LPG and what an incredible way to start our trip! The food was incredibly good though I would say we probably enjoyed our first courses a little better than our second courses. My husband had the short ribs (insanely good) and I had oyster risotto, also insanely good, to start. Our entrees were fantastic as well we just loved our smaller plates so much it would have been hard to top them! The drink menu was unique and everything we ordered was fabulous! The building is incredibly charming as well. The service was wonderful, maybe a tiny bit slow from time to time, but we were in zero rush to leave LPG so it was not an issue at all. We will absolutely be back the next time we are in New Orleans!

Visited March 2014
Metairie, LA
“An excellent choice in Uptown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We dropped in unexpectedly on a Monday evening and were seated immediately as it was early. It got quite crowded by 7:00 p.m. or so. The crab beignets are simply spectacular. The filling is wonderfully rich and the batter is so light. My spouse had the lamb shank which was excellent and I had the flounder topped with lump crabmeat. The sauces were wonderful for both dishes. We shared a strawberry short cake dessert. It was small but very good and provided each of us with about three bites, which was enough after the excellent meal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

One of my favorite place in NOLA. The food is fresh, inventive, delicious and reasonably priced. Great wine list as well. I like to sit at the bar and get a bunch of small plates. On my most recent visit, they were serving a lobster gnocchi that was to die for. Hunks of lobster and tender, fluffy gnocchi pillows. It doesn't get better than that!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Do go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had a great meal. The crab beignets are a must. Shrimp & grits were very good. Would definitely go back. Don't miss this one. It's worth the cab ride!