“Wonderful food!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 1,514 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Iberville Street
Transit: Canal and St. Charles streetcars one block from the restaurant.
Description: Ralph Brennan's award winning casual New Orleans seafood restaurant and oyster bar on Bourbon Street. (Voted seafood restaurant 4 years, best oyster po-boy 2010 & 2011). Don't miss Red Fish Grill restaurant's heavenly BBQ Oysters, signature Alligator Sausage & Seafood Gumbo, Grilled Redfish and Double Chocolate Bread Pudding. Casual and fun (a sea of metal fish in neon swim overhead bright, hand painted tables). Open for lunch and dinner 7 days with a lively cocktail and oyster bar going from 11 AM - 11 PM, the perfect place to ease into New Orleans' laid back French Quarter lifestyle or tell it goodbye until next time.
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Wonderful food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Everything was wonderful-- All 4 of us had wonderful red fish, amber jack and my husband had sweet potato/cheese grits that were great. I am a New Orleans girl and know my fish! :) We live out of town now, so we love eating out back home in NOLA!

I would have given 5 stars, except the service was really really slow and the waiter was snarky about taking our group picture. He told us "go ask the host up front to do that" which I found rude for NOLA standards that I am used to. There were four of us and we really enjoyed our dinner, the atmosphere and wanted to celebrate that. I hate to think that is done with out of towners.

The Brennan's never disappoint! :) Just need to work on customer service skills some, guys.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlee W, General Manager at Red Fish Grill, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Rita Brandley,
Thank you for your kind words on Chef Austin's award winning food! We strive to treat everyone entering our doors as part of our family. I would like to discuss your concerns of the service you received on your most recent visit. We strive to treat everyone entering our restaurant as part of our family. I assure you that all of your concerns will be addressed. The restaurant number is 504-598-1200 or email dmccomsey@neworleans-food.com and I will call you at your convenience.
I want to ensure that we address your concerns and that on your next visit we will return to 5 star status. It would also be my pleasure to aide in any reservation needs.
Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you and correcting your concerns.

Dwyre S. McComsey

Merritt Island, Florida
“Wonderful food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I took my wife there (actually she took me) for her birthday dinner. She had been there before several times and has always been impressed. We had the BBQ oysters and the BBQ blue crab claws as appetizers. Both were delicious. We split the grilled redfish with the lemon rosemary worcestershire and it was spectacular. They even served it on separate plates without asking (so the picture is my half portion). Our waiter was great. He made use feel right at home and hooked my wife up with this amazing chocolate cake ala mode. What a great birthday dinner!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

A little expensive, but the gumbo was very tasty. Also had the red fish with crab meat on top. Although not a lot of crab meat, it was very good. The French bread was very good and I ate too much of it.

Visited August 2014
Newtown PA
“Excellent Restaurant in the heart of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had two occasions to eat at Red Fish. One lunch and one dinner. Both were very good. We had barbecue shrimp and crab claws along with some gumbo at lunch. At dinner we both had refish with crab. Very good. Staff was excellent and informed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo
“An enjoyable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Our first evening dining out in New Orleans was at the Red Fish Grill and we loved it. The service was wonderful, our waiter started the evening off by changing our table because the one where we were seated was unbalanced. He was very knowledgable about the food and gave us great recommendations. He was not intrusive, yet we felt well looked after.

For our starters we had the alligator sausage and seafood gumbo and a strawberry salad. I had never had gumbo before and this was dark, rich, spicy, and so delicious. The strawberry salad was nice and light for the warm evening. Our mains were crab cake with corn maque choux and green onion tartar sauce, so good, and shrimp and grits, also delightful.

We decided to share a dessert and were glad we did once we saw how big it was. We had the very rich and decadent double chocolate bread pudding with a white and dark chocolate ganache on top. Amazing!

Would definitely return to this restaurant on another visit to New Orleans!

• Visited May 2014