“Yum! First rate for fresh seafood ” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 1,603 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Iberville Street
Transit: Canal and St. Charles streetcars one block from the restaurant.
Description: Ralph Brennan's award winning casual New Orleans seafood restaurant and oyster bar on Bourbon Street. (Voted seafood restaurant 4 years, best oyster po-boy 2010 & 2011). Don't miss Red Fish Grill restaurant's heavenly BBQ Oysters, signature Alligator Sausage & Seafood Gumbo, Grilled Redfish and Double Chocolate Bread Pudding. Casual and fun (a sea of metal fish in neon swim overhead bright, hand painted tables). Open for lunch and dinner 7 days with a lively cocktail and oyster bar going from 11 AM - 11 PM, the perfect place to ease into New Orleans' laid back French Quarter lifestyle or tell it goodbye until next time.
Madison, Virginia
“Yum! First rate for fresh seafood ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 NEW

After a long day schlepping around sightseeing, I stopped in at Fish Grill for some oysters and beer, and to rest my tired, weary body. I sat at the bar; the bartender was friendly, polite, terrific!

I ordered half a dozen oysters on the half shell, their signature barbecued oysters, and local Abita beer. Service was very prompt, everyone was lovely, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Definitely a "must go eat in for a real meal" the next time I am in NOLA.

79% Recommend
Durham, North Carolina
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 NEW

One of the best meals I have ever had. Our waiter was amazing, very responsive to our requests, and offered suggestions that never led us wrong. The Red Fish Grill Seafood Sampler was great - especially the fritters. For an entree, I had the redfish which was grilled wonderfully - flavorful and moist. The vodka lemonade was perfect for a humid summer evening. I dreamt about the pecan pie profiterole - it was that good.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful birthday celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 NEW

Excellent entrees: Mississippi Catfish and Shrimp Creole and Wood Grill Redfish. We had a reservation at 5:30 and when we arrived the restaurant was packed. We were seated immediately with no problem. Our waiter, Brian, was PERFECT! He helped me surprise the birthday girl and she did not see it coming. The desserts, Double Chocolate Bread Pudding and Creme Bruelle with Strawberry Shortcake, were the icing on the cake. Definitely a must do in New Orleans.

Visited July 2014
Lake Bluff, Illinois
“Good food but sterile atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 NEW

Food was very good, service was very good and the place is clean and nice inside. But with all the cool and funky places in New Orleans to eat I'd head to other places first.

Visited June 2014
ny
“Very good. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 NEW

Ordered the redfish but substituted the side for regular new potatoes mash since I don't eat ham. It was excellent. The fish melted in my mouth and potatoes were great. The blue crab appetizer was different and tasted amazing as well.