“The Perfect Meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pere Antoine Restaurant

Pere Antoine Restaurant
741 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3161 (French Quarter)
504-581-4478
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Portland, Oregon
“The Perfect Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was walking around the French Quarter & came across this place. It seemed to have a great atmosphere & I was hungry, so I went on in. I had the combo plate (half crawfish etouffee & half shrimp creole), with bananas foster cheesecake. It was SO delicious. Great meal & best cheesecake I have ever had. The waiter was friendly & the service great. All the staff seemed to enjy being there & interacting with people & the patrons were all having fun at the various tables. The prices seemed to be in line with the other places I ate during my trip.

I will defnitely eat there again during my next trip to New Orleans.

Visited March 2013

North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Breakfast All Day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place was OK, nothing special. We ate there twice, only because it was the only place we found where you could order breakfast in the afternoon. It was overpriced for the quality and I personally found some the wait staff to be a bit snobby.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
cyncov
“Pleasantly surprised....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Found this place while wandering around with 7 people (5 of them under the age of 18). No one could decide where to eat and the original place we were trying to eat at had a very long line. So I finally said "we are eating at the next place that doesn't have a long wait." And that is how we ended up here. Our waiter was excellent so were our bar drinks. My daughter's steamed rice was not fully cooked but that problem was quickly fixed to her satisfaction. Everything was tasty and the ambiance was very comfortable and cozy. They have very nice restrooms unlike most of the other places in the French Quarter. We sat on the bar side of the restaurant so it was nice and quiet - much needed after a long day of walking and touring. Will definitley visit again on our next trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Okinawa, Japan
“Average, just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Food was just OK, if it was priced higher I would not have been happy. The blackened Fish was good, but the etouffee was so-so and the veggies were not appetizing. My server was good, but I could tell some servers there probably weren't so good. I saw the manager was busy, but not being attentive to the 'customer experience'. For a place that had no wait on a Friday night it was adequate, just adequate.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Just walk on by ..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went to New Orleans for a long weekend and carefully selected places to go, eat and drink. Until this one... we were starving and walked into Pere Antoine without too much thinking. Ordered: Cobo of crawfish etouffèe and Cajun Shrimps with white rice, crabcakes and a cajun "pie". Everything was HORRIBLE. The Shrimps: canned tomatoes not even recooked, with store bought herb mixes and NO flavor. Etouffée: 4 mini crawfish in the plate, GELATIN (or not heated up broth preparation) all over the place, lack of salt, seasoning, no roux as a base (that is THE base of that dish!): disaster. Crabcakes: ALL breadcrumbs: the crabs must have left once they saw the way the cooks were cooking! Pie: all dough, no stuffing. In fairness, our waiter was a great guy and I decided to send back the crabcakes only (which weren't the most expensive item) and the manager was very nice and accommodating. I would have loved to send it all back but sometimes I just can't do these things. Again, leave this place alone unless you need a drink and a smile: don't eat there though!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere