“Best Bloody Mary's in the world!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Liuzza's by the Track

Liuzza's by the Track
1518 N Lopez St, New Orleans, LA 70119-3029 (Fairgrounds)
+1 504-218-7888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #111 of 1,602 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Californian
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Fairgrounds
Description: Local flavor at it's best near the Fairgrounds! BBQ Shrimp poboys, Gumbo,Bloody Marys etc.
San Diego
“Best Bloody Mary's in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I can't say I have ever eaten anything here but all my local NOLA peeps, take me here every morning before Jazz Fest! They make the best bloody mary's I have ever had. A perfect blend of spicy & kick!
And it's a convenient & greta place to meet up to walk into Jazz Fest! :) I also LOVE the sidewalk chalk designs! :)

Visited April 2013

87% Recommend
Austin, Texas
“Hidden Diamond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I learned about this place from a third generation NOLA native. We had to search for a while to find it, but what a jewel. This is a neighborhood joint with about a dozen tables and a bar where everyone knows everyone else. In the kitchen, we learned that "Miss B" fixes the gumbo. My wife, originally from NOLA, took one sip, raised her head, looked at me with tears welding up in her eyes, and said, "I think I'm going to cry." Really? I took a spoon full and the taste rippled through my whole body. It was simply magnificent. Miss B obviously had her act together. I had the Bar-B-Q shrimp sandwich, which is their special, and I've never tasted anything equal. This place is next to the race track and away from the tourist spaces, but it is worth whatever it takes to get there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Wanted to visit for over a year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A year ago my brother told me about Liuzza's and today is the first time we've been able to visit. Our family had BBQ Shrimp, fried shrimp Po-boy, gumbo, tomato bisque and an order of fries. The meal and the atmosphere were awesome. Arrive early, not much seating space but if u have to wait it is well worth the effort. The only item that didn't rate as high was the roast beef Po-boy but the rest of the meal more than made up for it.

Dubuque, Iowa
“A diamond in the rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is like many New Orleans treasures, hidden behind a non assuming exterior. The food is fabulous and well known among the locals...but off the beaten path. This is worth finding. It was a fabulous gumbo and sandwich we had plus a catfish dinner that was amazing.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

It isn't the prettiest restaurant but don't let this deceive you, this is a place that locals obviously enjoy visiting and if you find locals you know you're onto a good thing. We had shrimp poboy and gumbo in this great slightly out of the way place and it was really quite amazing food. Highly recommended and definitely worth finding!

• Visited December 2013