“love love love” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Juan's Flying Burrito

Juan's Flying Burrito
2018 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70130-5018 (Lower Garden District)
504-569-0000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #122 of 1,627 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Mexican, Vegetarian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Lower Garden District
New Orleans, Louisiana
“love love love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I go here way too often! The Supergreen is amazing!!!! But go hungry, bc this baby is huge! The Mardi Gras Indian tacos are really tasty, too and they're the option for me if I'm not as hungry...which has only happened once. ;) The service has always been great, but their margaritas on the rocks are not my favorite and maybe it's bc I'm so used the sugary versions everyone else makes. The cucumber margarita, however, is surprisingly good and very refreshing. (it only took me 4 years of regular attendance to give it a try, but I'm glad I finally did.) This is probably my most frequented spot in the city.

Visited August 2012

Southampton, New York
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I were touring the city of NOLA and just walked into this place...and we are glad we did. What a great little dinner spot with healthy selections, friendly staff and very fair prices. We feel confident recommending this to whomever reads the review, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good food but Music....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food is good. It comes out relatively fast. However, the music is always too loud for me. I find myself yelling over the music.

Visited August 2012
Aurora, Illinois
“So glad we stopped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stopped here for lunch while shopping Magazine street. Surreys was packed so we bypassed to see what was ahead. I remember seeing some reviews, so we gave it a try. Awesome!!! Their menu is different than a typical taco/burrito joint. Guac was quite good too. My husband got a salad (really?!) and we were all jealous! It looked amazing. The Chipolte ranch dressing is beyond. They need to bottle it. I'm surprised they bring it to the table in a squeeze bottle, seems like a good way to yoink it! lol! But one taste and you might have that thought too! We all used a little of it on ours as well. Margaritas were great also. We liked it so much too, we stopped there on our way out of town for the ride back home! A couple days later we all were craving it! Its a for sure next time we are in town at least twice!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canton, Massachusetts
“Good lunch spot on Magazine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I stopped in after a long shopping and walking day on Magazine St and in the garden district.  I sat at one of four bar stools and started with a margarita with Patron Silver - good, but nothing special.  I think at a cute, authentic, non-chain neighborhood place like this they should use only lime juice, no sour mix.  It's a cop out.

I had the al pastor burrito with a side of guac.  The pork was delicious.  A couple of times I've ordered pork burritos or tacos at other places and have bit into fat chunks -totally disgusting.  At Juan's, the pork was picked over perfectly.  The pork was wrapped up with a lively pineapple salsa and yellow rice.  And not too much rice.  A lot of other places fill the burrito with rice, but this one had mostly pork.  The squeeze bottles of red and green salsas were a nice accompaniment.

The bartender was very friendly and helpful.  And the locals were nice to talk to.  I'd go again on my next trip for a savory casual treat.