“Great for Lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Joey K's Restaurant & Bar

Joey K's Restaurant & Bar
3001 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115-2232 (Irish Channel)
504-891-0997
Neighborhood: Irish Channel
Houston
“Great for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

After a tour of the garden district this place was a good call. Gumbo is very good and the sweet potato fries were excellent. Would like to go back for a full dinner.

Visited August 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
“Underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went to New Orleans for the food. Of course we watched DDD and had saved all the spots Guy's been in NOLA, unfortunately because of our travel schedule this was the only one the Big Easy spots we were able to try.

I thought it was over priced, the service was terrible, and the food was mediocre. We were let down.

I will say nothing bad happened, everything was edible, and maybe it was our fault for over-hyping it, but I felt like it was an eclectic Applebees.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Guilderland, New York
“Best Onion Rings In The World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I heard about Joey K's from Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. I'm sooo glad I went while in New Orleans, the Shrimp Po Boys were delicious, and the onion rings were the best I've ever had...I'm gonna say no other onion ring could ever top them..they are that delcious and HUGE! definitely try Joey K's when in NOLA!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Neighborhood Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stopped by on a Saturday night to grab a quick bite. Crowded, but great service and good NOLA cooking. A lot of locals, which is a good sign.

Visited April 2013
Port Orange
“very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Not much else to say, the food was very good and my family ordered several different meals so we could taste a little of everything they had to offer. The food was all good and very fairly priced. Location is great with plenty of public parking and we walked a block away to a very nice coffee place and had some pastries and coffee then walked into a few local stores. I would definitely return. As far as some comments on here about it being a tourist trap, I have no idea where they get that from, it was as local as it gets, very pleasant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere