“Spectacular!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eat Restaurant

Eat Restaurant
900 Dumaine St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3023 (French Quarter)
504-522-7222
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Chicago, Illinois
“Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

One of my best dining experiences, not just in NOLA but anywhere. There's a reason people start lining up 30-minutes before open for brunch. Don't miss this restaurant!

Visited August 2013

Sacramento, CA
“Hit the spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were being tourists when I caught a cold. We stopped in for dinner and I had a large bowl of red beans & rice. It hit the spot! Even with minimal ability to taste, this was the best I red beans & rice I had ever had. My friend also raved out her fried green tomatoes. The prices were reasonable and service was excellent. My favorite meal in New Orleans, highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Friendswood, Texas
“A little disappointed, but still had its +s”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Dislikes - posted menu outside showed flatiron steak. Not on menu inside when I went to order. Instead they had a sirloin special for $25 that the meat was incredibly fatty, and the sauce on the roasted potatoes was too musky tasting for me. They don't sell alcohol which is strange for a fairly expensive restaurant. We are tourists and didn't know to bring our own bottle. The waiter wasn't friendly and told us he could not change a $100 bill for the $60 price of our meal. We felt he was dishonest just to get a larger tip, and probably surprised him when we raked up the money instead between the 2 of us. The salad is a joke, only Caesar, and only a miniscule bowl at that. I did like the location of the restaurant. It was close to our hotel, the N.O. Courtyard Hotel. And the flavor of my steak was pretty good once I got rid of all the fat. Forget bread, they didn't serve any. But the bread pudding is wonderful! If I ever have to go there again, I'll just get the bread pudding for $6 and it's enough to share.

Visited August 2013
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Possibly the most delicious breakfast I've ever had! Brunch on a saturday, and I chose the pulled pork cakes over mustard greens with poached eggs and a Cajun hollandaise!!! My goodness!! It was the bomb! Next trip to Nola I will go for dinner and of course brunch again!
Just an old little kind of rickadee house. But I went to EAT not to just be impressed by decor.
Keep doing what your doing there guys! We loved it!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Drooling just thinking about it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you're serious about a good breakfast, and I mean a really, really good breakfast, you need to go here. It's a few streets off of the main area of the French Quarter.

It's really small, and obviously kinda disorganised. They could honestly use a really, really good front of house manager. These guys are obviously very passionate about food, and that's their expertise, not management.

That being said, oh my god! The food! I had the Eggs Cochon (pulled pork cake over mustard greens, poached eggs, creole hollindase, grits and homemade biscuit) while my wife had the Lox and Bagel. I have genuinely never seen my wife react that way to lox, as she's Norwegian and used to really, really good lox. I think she devoured the whole thing in about two minutes while declaring, "it's so good!" in between bites. I myself was unable to form words properly due to taking in every phenomenal bite. It should have been overly heavy, but it was surprisingly light. I think it was the use of greens and savoury pork, but it elevated it beyond the normally delicious (but heavy) eggs benedict.

We pretty much just ordered, ate paid and left. The whole process was very quick, the food fresh and remarkable. Go here.

Go. Here.