“Good Cuban Cooking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Flame

Country Flame
620 Iberville St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2322 (Central Business District)
504-522-1138
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Cuban Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Not a fancy place, but you shouldn't be disappointed.The ropa vieja and frijoles are delicious.Portions are big. Don't bother with the empanadas though...dried up and all dough. Prices are excellent. Mostly a local spot. Near the Walgreens in the French Quarter. Check it out for a good home cooked meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“The best Mexican I have had.......loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We ate here twice time on our stay in New Orleans, it would have been more if we'd have found it earlier on our stay. When we return it will be our first night out. This place is great. We sat at the same table each night, ate amazing food, drank great margarita's and were served by the same attentive and I have to say, Beautiful girls each night...The Prawns.. wow those prawns.....My wife is a Vegan and they took great care of her needs perfectly.....one night we even got half price drinks?.....Again, I have to say, the food is really good here. I loved it. The place is perfect for me..........So next time we come girls, the Women with the red spikey hair and the bloke with the hair down his back, wants more half price margaritas.....

Lovely place....friendly, clean, great food, and for me, the best place to eat in the French Quarter......by far.....

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Steaks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have to review my review of the Country Flame Restaurant in New Orleans. Unfortunately, It is no longer the delicious good deal I had reported in my review. My sons and I went for the steaks, and first they were out of the New York Strips, so we had the Rib Eyes, which now have gone up to $17.00 and the quality went drastically down, it was mostly fat and the meat wasn't good, so for that price I will bring my business to Oh Henry's who has an excellent Cajun Rib Eye with an excellent array of sides and won't have to pay a small fortune for parking in the French Quarter.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had dinner here tonight and, boy, do they know what they're doing. I had the fried pork meal with a side of rice and guacamole salad. Amazing! The flavors were on point and I have no complaints. I highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I know this place is not much to look at, but what do you expect for the price? Want a place that charges for the decor and adds 20% gratuity to your bill even if you were not happy with the service? I am a local, and always looking for good places to eat all over the Metro area. I have had Rib Eye Steaks fluctuating from $20.00 to $36.00 with sides, a la cart, any where from $6.00 to $8.00 per side. This place has the biggest, flame cooked rib eyes, sides included, for about $12.00 and is in the French Quarter to boot! Do you want to waste your money on a tourist trap? I prefer to keep my money in my pocket.

• Visited September 2013