“Great Italian Food” 5 of 5 stars

504-866-9313
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincent's Italian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 1,602 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fern
Transit: If your looking to get out of the city and explore the historical St. Charles Ave, you can get on the street car and Vincent's is one stop before Carrolton Ave in the riverbend. The street car will stop in front of Vincent's on the corner of St. Charles Ave. and Fern St.
Dublin
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Vincent's is a really good restaurant but the portions are enormous and, in addition, little unordered freebie took us by surprise (sorbet, side servings of beans, etc). Ideally, we would share portions on our next visit and we would still be full up! Very popular with other diners and good atmosphere. Attentive waiting staff and Maitre D.

Visited March 2013

87% Recommend
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Review: Confessions of a Concierge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Location: Uptown neighborhood restaurant
Food: O.K—please, quality over quantity…food is honestly unexceptional
Service: O.K– (Mike, please step your service up and be attentive)
Ambiance: A bit too dark & crowded/busy (expected of most neighborhood restaurants)

Experience:
Upon arriving, I saw that it was rather busy (of course, it’s a Saturday night so that should be expected). We were seated really quickly and felt as though we were off to a great start. The waiter introduced himself as “our waiter” but not once properly introduced himself using his name. I went along as normal and he asked if we needed help with any suggestions. We were feeling a little plain Jane today so we just decided on the Oyster Rock-a-Feller, the Corn and Crab Bisque with salads as appetizers before the entrées. While taking our order, the waiter “Mike” (which I found out his name by looking at the final bill) seemed extremely distracted and constantly veered away from us while we were ordering which seemed very strange at a Restaurant like this. Nonetheless, our orders came out in decent timing being that it was a little busy. Mike passed over the table a number of times and never asked how we were doing once. My partner had to flag him down to get his attention to order another menu item. Regretfully, I didn't get the name of the server’s assistant (short, well-mannered Caucasian young man). I must say I was very happy to see someone paying attention, checking up on us and working the other tables like clock-work. Kudos to you, sir! Our entrées were overly fishy for some reason and not fresh. We were both unimpressed with the service. After tasting the awful entrées, the service began to over-shadow our entire experience. With our entrées barely touched, I flagged Mike down and told him that we were ready for the check. He looked at our plates, asked if we needed boxes (which the answer was a BIG NO) and strolled off to the back. An experienced waiter in my personal view would have asked if everything was satisfactory after seeing an almost untouched plate and not-too-happy guests. It didn't seem to cross his mind was alright with me. I paid, we left, and I highly doubt that I will return in the near future. I’ll stick to Domenica’s, Maximos, or Andrea’s next time around.

V.I.P Personal Concierge

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Off the beaten path, quiant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Vincent's is an Italian restaurant located in Uptown New Orleans, off the beaten path of downtown and the Quarter. The restaurant is quaint and the food is fresh and delicious. Reservations are recommended, particularly on the weekend.

Visited March 2013
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant is the best italian food I have ever had. This is my and husband and I's favorite place to go when we are in New Orleans. The atmosphere is romantic and service is wonderful. We took my Mom here one night and she just fell in love with this place. My favorite thing on the menu is their lobster ravioli. Everytime we go here there are no complaints.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Vincent's Italian Cuisine was right on the money. The quaint spot is near Tulane U. Our server Mike made the visit extra special. The food was out of this world. It is a small place - make reservations. You dont want to miss this one!

• Visited February 2013